Sign in to follow this  
Stewart Weir

The PDN X1 review

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Ive made a few comments about the review on the blog.. Personally i think Havik didnt really spend long enough with the camera. He has made some very odd comments especially about changing the dial settings with his leg!

Overall a very amateurish camera review..

The Leica X1 Files

Amateurish, maybe - but with conclusions completely in line with pretty well every other review published so far.

Funny conicidence, that.

Stewart - thanks for taking the time to highlight & comment on the PDN review. Taking time to straighten the record was much appreciated.

Their article was like piling on, more emphasis on the downside than upside. Maybe it'll cause some folks to pull out of buying the X1, which could move me up a position or two on some wait lists. If that happens, I'll be the first to say how much I liked their X1 review.

Just read it. Pretty much sounds like what every other reviewer has said. I guess some just want to ignore the facts or don't much care. It would make a great stationary landscape camera attached to a tripod although a bit expensive and limiting with just a 35mm lens.

Just read it. Pretty much sounds like what every other reviewer has said. I guess some just want to ignore the facts or don't much care. It would make a great stationary landscape camera attached to a tripod although a bit expensive and limiting with just a 35mm lens.

Oh, I don't know. Stand far enough back from your landscape and you'll get it all in.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Michele Belloni
      Hi to all... I've just published an article on my little blog. Let me know what do you think if you have time to read it. 🙂
      Blog post: Why Leica?
    • By Walking Photographer
      Hello guys , I just bought a 21mm Elmarit f2.8 lens (the old one) for my Leica MP Typ 240.

Really enjoyed the lens. I just noticed that its min focus distance is 0.7 while i read on the internet that you can find a version that focus at 0.38.

Any other differences between the two lenses ? Somebody here have experience with the close focus version ?

I took some Street Pictures and wrote a little article for my blog: www.walkingphotographer.net/blog/21mm-street-photography

Thanks for your time !

Eolo
      www.walkingphotographer.net
    • By rgeorge911
      Here's a post of some pics I recently took with my Leica I Model C and Summar 5cm f2. Lots of Leica posts on my blog, just search "Leica." But, since this is my oldest Leica (ca. 1931), I thought it may be of interest.

DMC-365 - Exploring the Interface Between Equipment and Creativity in Photography: More From Chalk Fest, Leica IIIC with Summaron 3.5cm f3.5

Reed
      My Blog: DMC-365.blogspot.com
    • By goatsby
      As this forum is still one I visit often, thought some of you might enjoy this; Yesterday’s News: The Leica X1 Review by Adam Grayson | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS

AG
    • By jussihellsten
      Official information from tomorrow, but wanted to share this info a bit earlier for you guys.

Helsinki based photographer Jussi Hellsten starts as Foka's Leica T ambassador.

30th of April starts new era for Finland based photographer Jussi Hellsten when he unites with Finnish Leica importer Foka to but the Leica T to real work stress test. New blog All The Light introduces Hellsten’s work done with Leica T camera.

Hellsten is currently working with a year long project HELSINKI365, where he documents everyday life in Helsinki together with Helsinki Marketing Ltd. Hellsten conducted HELSINKI365 first time in 2012, and his main tool back then was Leica M9-P. Now when to project relaunched in November 2013, his main tool had been upgraded to Leica M (Typ 240). The new Leica T is natural continuity for exploring Helsinki through the Leica camera.

“Most of the time I shoot a lot more than just one photo that is used in the HELSINKI365 project. This blog’s intention is also to feature those photos, taken with Leica T, that are left outside the final selection”, tells Hellsten."

Jussi Hellsten is Helsinki, Finland based commercial photographer, cinematographer and film editor."

All The Light - Leica T: All The Light