Streetphoto with Extrordianary Camera

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Ok, forgive my lack of skill and possible breaches of copyright..

S2, 70mm, ISO160, f2.5, 1/180s

Shot snatched of a passerby, in a street near you...

The jpeg for the forum can only show a rough image but (75Mb) original file shows great detail for f2.5 and nice colour and exposure.

Edited by robert_parker

Detail is right. I can tell that he smokes from his teeth and that a nose-hair clipper would be an appropriate gift for him.

Oh, he also had Thai for lunch

Alberto

Robert,

A very pleasant portrait where you've connected with the subject and produced a beautifully natural smile.

I was also amazed at the level of detail in the S2's files and it even shows through in this tiny jpeg. What do you make of the out of focus areas in the background?

Pete.

Wilfredo, Alberto and Pete

Thank you for your kind comments

Pete - I'm not sure that I'd use the expression 'Bokeh', it'smore an orderly and controlled rendering of less and less focussed areas. The 70mm Summarit appears to easily allow for control of DoF and as an aside, the autofocus (used here) appeared precise and quick

Of course this was just out in the street and I strongly suspect that in a studio environment, there's a whole extra story to tell

Edited by robert_parker

I'd love to see the full rez file - I bet it's amazing

Is 75Meg the RAW out straight of the camera? Gonna need a faster PC / Bigger Disk when I win the lottery

Robert, I really enjoy this photo. The color, detail, bokeh, and overall feel are very pleasing and natural.

Reds, I am sure the full rez file is amazing. I have shot a few hundred frames with the S2 and you gotta see the detail to believe it. It is addictive.

JC, Mark, Reds, James, Virgil, Stuart and Gerge

Thank you for your kind comments

James and George - I wish

Overall my very short experience with it showed a very tractable and capable camera that was also easy to hold and use

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.