Sign in to follow this  
Photon42

Coolscan V Reanimation

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My Coolscan V went out of order about 15 month back. After ignoring him for that long, I finally gave it a final try and opened it. Some screws are hidden under the rubber feet.

Thanks to the nicely printed circuit board, I quickly found out where the fuse is. The specification on the board says T2AH 250V. Not really an electronic wizard, I however concluded after some internet checks, that this requires a 2A, 250V fuse, "träge" (don't know how to translate that in this context, maybe "slow").

[ATTACH]186834[/ATTACH]

Then I discovered that Nikon has actually placed a 1A fuse in the socket, which was blown not quite surprisingly. After replacement with the proper fuse, the whole thing runs as it never had a problem.

Regards

Ivo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glere
      Hi! I have a mint Leica R7, worked always without any issue but today I noticed when attaching the Summicron the "A" (full and centered) modes were no displaying when changing the modes (it displayed "m" and even the controls were manual), the same for the program mode (where it said time priority").

is it possible that maybe the metal contact of the selector needs a clean or the electronic has a big problem? or what can it be?

(the lens I'm using is a "R only" lens, I had the R4s2 before and it functioned in all modes with no problems)
      Thanks
    • By inkbox
      My Leica D-Lux 3 that displays (1) a purple color shift for white colors in bright light; and (2) a photos show a green or yellow tint in low light.
      I have looked over the presets and defaults. I cannot find a switch that improves the display.
      I believe that the exposure sensor is damaged or malfunctioning.
      Otherwise, the camera is in good shape cosmetically and according to a review of the presets and default, working correctly.
      A used replacement on Ebay is about $150 to $200.
      My questions are:
      -1- Can I send my camera to the Leica repair for a new sensor for that amount of money? I know about the submission form that requires a maximum repair cost to be stated.
      -2- Is a Leica repaired camera totally checked out and then repaired so as to insure long lasting functioning?
      -3- Is it better to purchase another non-leica camera for $150 to $200 with improved specifications like increased megapixels?
      Thanks for reviewing my questions,
      Inkbox  
      PS I encountered an error when uploading files; although I deleted the upload files, I cannot upload replacements.
      I have used up all of my storage space and cannot locate a delete button in My Attachments. 
    • By shoots
      SOS HELP!!!
      I dropped my Leica M4 and according to the NYC Camera Doctor repair team, the prism that creates the ghost image in the rangefinder is dislocated and needs to be replaced. They suggested that I send it directly into Leica for repairs, becuase the rangefinder is a complicated mechanism they wern't equipt to fix. They also let me know that Leica, located in New Jersey, dosen't do specific repairs and will want to do a full tune-up. Money is a concern, and I'm not prepared to pay $1000-ish if I can at all avoid it. I just want my range-finder to be functional.
      Has anyone had rangefinder work done, espeically on an M4? Would you advise having this work done by Leica or an outside repair person, such as DAG? Any experience or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
      E
    • By lecycliste
      Anyone know of an aftermarket replacement eyecup or workaround for the Leica SL? Mine has had its plastic innards self-destruct and is peeling away, as you can see here. Leica Store Miami didn’t know of any solution other than sending to Leica USA for repair (yuck), and they usually take forever for anything. 

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By essvaun
      Hi All, I've searched the forums on this but haven't found anything - if anyone can point me there please feel free, I don't wish to clog up the site unnecessarily.
      In cleaning up an M-P 240 for sale I've spotted this - the cover of the six bit sensor on the body has cracked. I use Zeiss lenses and never use the function so of course I've not picked up on anything. I've occasionally used friends Leica glass and it has worked but the last time was months ago and I have no idea when this happened, no memory of any fragments falling out etc. I clean the sensor with a blower whenever changing lenses but haven't seen anything unusual.
      Has anyone ever had this happen, and if so is it an easy repair or a 'return to Germany' ordeal (I'm in Australia, I'm sure their service is excellent but the tyranny of distance makes these things time consuming & costly from this part of the globe).
      Any thoughts appreciated.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Read more about our Privacy Policy