M8 shutter fault - get Leica to repair it for free

Guest PhotoWebb.co.uk

Advertisement (gone after registration)

...the guarantee of decades of reliable operation is not attached to the word often in any way...

Sounds obvious:

« Sophisticated production techniques and painstaking assembly guarantee decades of reliable operation, allowing photographers to enjoy their Leica M for as long as possible. For a lifetime in fact, often even by the next generation. »
http://tinyurl.com/yco85qd

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Legally it is very strange. This " legal advisor" wants to go for Leica, Solms, whereas the legal issue would be with the dealer that sold the camera. Then he seems to think that British law applies, but Leica has legal notices all over the place saying "Gerichtstandort Frankfurt." Which means he would be kicked out of a British court in five minutes flat. And a German court would dismiss the case as frivolous, and point back at the dealer.

Well, since Leica is not in the buisness of reading tealeaves to predict the day of death for each of their customers, this statement is semantically meaningless. As are 95% of marketing statements in general. I might add that the image with the statement is one of an MP.

But I do admit they like to have their palm crossed with silver.;)

Legally it is very strange. This " legal advisor" wants to go for Leica, Solms, whereas the legal issue would be with the dealer that sold the camera. Then he seems to think that British law applies, but Leica has legal notices all over the place saying "Gerichtstandort Frankfurt." Which means he would be kicked out of a British court in five minutes flat. And a German court would dismiss the case as frivolous, and point back at the dealer.

Why don't you just drop this BS. What do you care if he gets it fixed for free or not? Your like somebody poking a dog with a stick. Go take some photos or beat some beggers with your cane. You and a couple of others just drone on and on with your negativity.

Why don't you just drop this BS. What do you care if he gets it fixed for free or not? Your like somebody poking a dog with a stick. Go take some photos or beat some beggers with your cane. You and a couple of others just drone on and on with your negativity.

A statement of fine craftsmanship!

I am sorry I was not able to write this down as a reply on the opening post in this thread.

OK. I'll stick to positive posts like " Leica are a bunch of crooks" as per example.:rolleyes:

You come across as smug and smarmy. Always ready to tell someone how wrong they are. again and again and again. I feel sorry for your children, if you have any.. I hope he gets his camera fixed.