M8 shutter fault - get Leica to repair it for free

Guest PhotoWebb.co.uk

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:

No, you are not dealing with it. You are whining on a forum and making assumptions about how Leica is going to treat you before you have even contacted them. Do you even read your own posts.

You became irrelevant in your first few post when you wrote that you were preparing to sue Leica and launch some bogus journalistic report on your amateur travel photography site about how Leica was going to deal with your camera problem and it later turns out you had not even talked to them yet.

All you have accomplished, so far, is to flush out the usual forum whiners like yourself. And, a lot of them don't even own a M8 camera!

Obviously not irrelevant enough , you made it from "the first few post" all the way to post #321:?

Edited by Craftsman

Wait a minute. Are you saying that I have been reading you for years and you don't even own an M8?

I've used one. The photos were good. The camera is small. But I didn't find its technology to be compelling. The M9 looks better for me - full frame and no need for IR filters. If they make a future model with state of the art technolgy for the time, live view and a clip on EVF, as I've been suggesting for some time, I'll pull the trigger. I have my requirements, you know.

I'll check back again when that model comes out.

Edited by AlanG

Guest PhotoWebb.co.uk

Advertisement (gone after registration)

All you have accomplished, so far, is to flush out the usual forum whiners like yourself. And, a lot of them don't even own a M8 camera!

You might argue that the majority of the whining is being done by those who don't agree with my expectations. Certainly all you seem to have done is whine since you joined the discussion.... Harsh but true.

Edited by PhotoWebb.co.uk

... Certainly all you seem to have done is whine since you joined the discussion....

No, RickLeica has simply challenged and refuted generlisations, inaccuracies and inflations in this thread so that doesn't make him a whiner. You seem to have it back to front: the whiners are those who believe they've been hard done by Leica and have chosen to use this forum to loudly moan about it in order to whip up support and demonise Leica. And wasn't it you who started that ... ?

Pete.

Guest PhotoWebb.co.uk

I guess this might be a case of not getting the nuances over written communication. I am not whining. I am saying that the whole situation is unacceptable - I think I might have already said this but hey ho - keep asking the same questions.....

Your cameras work - we get it. Ours don't - do you get that?

The bottom line is, and I've said this countless times already, Leica guarantee that these cameras will provide decades of reliable operation. That is their promise to prospective customers of M cameras. We're not even a third of the way through a single decade yet and look around......

Edited by PhotoWebb.co.uk

Reminds me of the following :D

This little fella joins the lazaratian Monks order and takes a vow of silence. However, he's promised by the head Monk that he can speak two words per year.

After the first year the head Monk asks him his two words for the year.

He replies ... "More Blankets"

After his second year the head Monk asks him again his two words for the year.

He replies ... "More Food"

After the third year the head Monk asks him his two words for the year.

He replies ... "I'm Leaving"

The Head Monk says ... "Thank God...you've done nothing but moan since you got here!"

Guest PhotoWebb.co.uk
Reminds me of the following :D

This little fella joins the lazaratian Monks order and takes a vow of silence. However, he's promised by the head Monk that he can speak two words per year.

After the first year the head Monk asks him his two words for the year.

He replies ... "More Blankets"

After his second year the head Monk asks him again his two words for the year.

He replies ... "More Food"

After the third year the head Monk asks him his two words for the year.

He replies ... "I'm Leaving"

The Head Monk says ... "Thank God...you've done nothing but moan since you got here!"

Very good. Thankfully I have always said that the M8 is an excellent photographic tool and that the pictures it takes are outstanding. My only problem is with the reliability of the product.

I love this forum. :D In the past, I have had to wait until the early afternoon for 'Doctors' to provide my daily ration of suspense, scandal, drama and intrigue. But since this thread started, I can get my fill with my morning cuppa. :D:D

Leica guarantee that these cameras will provide decades of reliable operation.

No they don't. That's your interpretation of some advertising copy, and your interpretation is wrong.

If I say "Drinking beer often gives me a hangover", does that mean I get a hangover every time I drink beer? When you are able to answer that question you will realise that you are relying on Leica's goodwill to repair your camera for free. Goodwill that might be in short supply given some of the statements you've made here and in your communication to them.

Edited by stunsworth

I've used one. The photos were good. The camera is small. But I didn't find its technology to be compelling. The M9 looks better for me - full frame and no need for IR filters. If they make a future model with state of the art technolgy for the time, live view and a clip on EVF, as I've been suggesting for some time, I'll pull the trigger. I have my requirements, you know.

I'll check back again when that model comes out.

Ah- I see! Leica didn't return your virtual M8 on time! Check your spam filter...:rolleyes:

So you troll the forums for negative posts and create your own sweeping conclusions from them, making your own pseudo-statistics. Very convincing.

Guest PhotoWebb.co.uk

The word often is used in the context of lasts longer. If you look at the punctuation you will clearly see that the guarantee of decades of reliable operation is not attached to the word often in any way.

My legal advisor agreed with this distinction.

The word often is used in the context of lasts longer. If you look at the punctuation you will clearly see that the guarantee of decades of reliable operation is not attached to the word often in any way.

Arrant nonsense.

Get a real legal advisor. That means one you pay for.

That's a dead giveaway. "legal advisor" and "agree" in the same sentence.