M8 and Old Glass

andym911

Welcome to the forum, rmutlak. A pleasing portrait.

I wonder what pp you have done on this picture? It does seem to be underexposed judging by the histogram; but it does respond to modest use of Levels and Curves in PS.

Thank you, David. This was taken in a very dark restaurant with a J-3 and no Uv/ir filter at Iso 640. LR3 conversion. The under-exposed look is actually how it looked at the time, so I left it at that. Might not be the right way, but reminds me of the moment.

Shot this the other morning at about 4;30 with A 35mm Summaron f8 @ 3 sec ISO 320

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

Hello all.I have a question about an old lens I have. My name is Tim and I am a new proud owner of an M8. Is there a way to use a Carl Zeiss Jena DDP biometer 2.8 lens on the M8?

Be aware I am pretty much a newbie with changing lenses/ etc. Right now I am using a Rokkar 28.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your 'new' M8!

Are you referring to the Carl Zeiss Jena 80mm f/2.8 Biometer lens? If so then it will probably be in a Contax rangefinder mount and will need an adaptor to mount it on your M8. There are a number of cheap adaptors available on eBay but beware because they won't be rangefinder coupled and you'll have to guess/estimate what distance your Biomater is focussed at when you trip the shutter.

On the other hand Amadeo Muscelli makes excellent rangefinder coupled adaptors to use Contax RF mount lenses on Leica M cameras; they're not cheap but they are of outstanding quality and accurate. Considering what your rare Biometer probably cost you I'd assume that you'd want a high quality adaptor. I have Amadeo adaptors for my Sonnars and they are superbly built and highly accurate. You can find more details about these adaptors here. (I have no connection to Mr Muscelli or his business.)

If your Biometer is in Exacta mount I'm not sure what you could do apart from paying someone to change to the mount to Leica Thread Mount and use a M to LTM adaptor.

Pete.

yep, its an 80

my Chiyoda Kogaku Super Rokkor 50mm F1.8 has actually become my favourite lens.....even surpassing my 50mm Summilux in terms of enjoyment to use. It is such a joy to use! The lens itself is about as old as my mother! Fantastic.

Edited by iedei
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Frozen roses at the lecal cementry with the Summar 50mm @ F 2,0

Edited by Aviator
  • Like 5