Summaron 28mm/5.6 screw mount

bono0272

Yes, A36 is the correct filter. Stands for Aufsteck (loosely translated from German is 'slip-on') and 36mm outside diameter. The A-type filters are clamped over the front of the lens and tightened with a small thumb screw. The A36 filters can be often found on eBay and are not too expensive.

Best,

Jan

You can mount two "A 36" devices one over the other: for instance, you can mount an A36 filter onto an Elmar and then mount onto it the FISON hood: you simply must keep the two thumb screws just a little apart one from the other: I think it is so for the SOOBK too.

Edited by luigi bertolotti

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Due to the limited availability of A36 filters, you might wish to adapt the lens to the more common 39mm filter size. The SOOGZ is a Leica adapter which clamps onto the outside of the lens (yes it does fit the Summaron 28mm - I have one in my hand, now) using a set screw clamping a metal band (no marring of the lens). The SOOGZ adapter is threaded for standard Leica 39mm filters and takes the lens caps which fit other 39mm lenses. Hope this is helpful, ron

Due to the limited availability of A36 filters, you might wish to adapt the lens to the more common 39mm filter size. The SOOGZ is a Leica adapter which clamps onto the outside of the lens (yes it does fit the Summaron 28mm - I have one in my hand, now) using a set screw clamping a metal band (no marring of the lens). The SOOGZ adapter is threaded for standard Leica 39mm filters and takes the lens caps which fit other 39mm lenses. Hope this is helpful, ron

Confirm: I have the SOOGZ and it's the right solution (probably the only easy one) to mount M8 UVIR filter on old lenses... problem is that with the SOOGZ on Summaron 28 there's no way to mount its SOOBK hood... one must find, if any, some "universal" hood hoping it fits well...

Confirm: I have the SOOGZ and it's the right solution (probably the only easy one) to mount M8 UVIR filter on old lenses... problem is that with the SOOGZ on Summaron 28 there's no way to mount its SOOBK hood... one must find, if any, some "universal" hood hoping it fits well...

The IROOA - which was made for 50 and 35mm fits well on the 39mm-Filter in the SGOOZ, though I fear it will be vignetting on a 28mm. So one could try the IWKOO/12502 which was made for the 4/21 Super-Angulon: http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-wiki.de/index.php/Gegenlichtblenden#IWKOO_.2F_12502_.281960.29

Though this may be a lot more difficult to find than the original SOOBK for the Summaron.

You are quite right about the hood problems with the A36/E39 adapter. However, the one Leica lens that has the best mount "hooding" (for lack of a real word) is the 28mm Summaron, or so I think. In short, I doubt if you need a hood. I just put the lens on my M8 and tried it with a table lamp somewhat in front and to the side of the lens and photographed my normal "in house" medium distance target (a book shelf) I could see no difference with the flaring light on or off. regards, ron

You are quite right about the hood problems with the A36/E39 adapter. However, the one Leica lens that has the best mount "hooding" (for lack of a real word) is the 28mm Summaron, or so I think. In short, I doubt if you need a hood. I just put the lens on my M8 and tried it with a table lamp somewhat in front and to the side of the lens and photographed my normal "in house" medium distance target (a book shelf) I could see no difference with the flaring light on or off. regards, ron

Agree... I admit I never used a hood with my Summaron 28... the front element is so well recessed into the mount... :)