Help! I think my m8 is broken

amsterdam23

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this news.

Were you by any chance using discrete shutter and 'C' mode? This has tended to cause a few problems, and should be avoided. Hopefully the next firmware release will address this. (Leica have implied that this will be the case.)

In the meantime, try removing your battery, waiting a while and then re-inserting it and turning on the camera. This often helps to reset things. If this doesn't work, then try the same, but waiting overnight, and leaving the camera switched on during this time. That will drain the internal battery and should cause a full system reset.

If this doesn't work, them I'm sorry to say that it's probably time for your camera to go on holiday to Solms. Is it still under guarantee?

I'm afraid with the shutter fault it's a trip to Solms. My new (to me) M8 had this after less than a week of ownership :-((

Not always. As Nicole stated if the OP was using the camera on C mode, continuos shoots, and the discrete function, shutter not recocking until you let off the shutter release, then a battery out and back in may fix it.