Your favourite slide film now

NZDavid

Kodachrome 200

Might try Kodak 100G if telyt advises where to get it processed ...

It's an E6 film, many more places to process it than K200. It can be processed well or poorly, so a bit of trial-and-error might be in order. If all else fails take it to a store with a Kodak processing contract and let Kodak do it. Or get a Jobo automatic processor and process at home.

Doug do you find that E100G gives you occassional blue cast like Provia 100F?

No. The shadow areas are neutral instead of the blue cast I was getting with 100F, and blacks are actually black like Kodachrome's blacks.

That's nice Doug. How do you find E100G scans compared to Provia 100F?

No big difference, both scan quite well.

an E100G scan made with my old Polaroid SprintScan 4000:

witu10.jpg

a Provia 100F drum scan:

mobl00.jpg

Provia tends to be really good with the blues and may have a bit more latitude. Overall the E100G gives me good colors from the entire spectrum and those lovely deep blacks!

• 2 months later...

K64 was great however it is out of question in Turkey since its impossible to get it processed unless you want some jerk lab personnel to wash it up and say the slide was expired. I use velvia 50 and i am going to try e100GX once the flowers strat to pop in few weeks here.

Doug what do you think about the GX ?

Mehmet

To me, fine grain and good highlight and shadow detail are most important. Oh, and neutral colours! Of course, if you want more saturation you can do so after scanning, but Astia looks fine as is. I've just got a whole heap from BH Photo of New York, but am also trying a few rolls of Kodak E100G and GX in the green wilderness of New Zealand.

Kodachrome at its various speeds---still have a dozen or so rolls of K25 that I'm saving for Spring Training in a couple of weeks. I shoot a lot of Kodak E100G in medium format (K64 hasn't been available in 120 for a couple of decades) as it is the closest E-6 film I have found that has a "look" similar to Kodachrome.

Velvia 50 and 100F. I haven't tried 100, but I suspect that it will have a similar characteristic as 100F. Although I like 50, it's not very practical to shoot with it, so I mainly use 100F. I should really try other slide films. :)