Yosemite M8 trip

robsteve

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sean is right about the Alexander Keiths. It was my favorite beer when I was working in Canada. I especially liked the draft.

Guy is going to have about all of the Leica M lenses in his bag before he gets a chance to use the 30% off voucher(s). However, I think he is enterprising enough to get some value out of the voucher(s).

Am i the only one who thinks the colors look horrid out of the M8?

I'm seeing a lot of purple and cruddy reds in skin tones.

I really wanted to get one, but not now.

Thanks,

Tim Jones

Tim Jones Photography

Tim--

The processing is off, that's all.

Don't judge anything like a purchase decision from these field shots!

While all of the folks in that cabin are excellent photographers, I bet none of them hauled a colour managed Artisan up to the low-bandwidth cabin ;)

They're posting these from laptops--dollars to doughnuts--and I'd never do anything but snapshot work from a laptop. I think Jack's using a Sony...But the point is that you can't really color manage any of them.

So, yeah, WB is off on the indoor shots, and Jack looks a little, um, flushed. Rob's skin tones look fine outside, and since he's holding the 5d, I assume it's an M8 shot.

Or--it could be the martinis as well as the beer :)

Jamie is of course correct -- we are all processing on laptops (and I am on a Sony, Guy is on a Mac and Robert on an IBM). Also, my cabin has a host of mixed tungsten, halogen and fluorescent lighting, so please do not make any final judgements about color from these posts, especially the indoor shots. And there is a wee bit of alcohol being consumed during the evening when most of the indoor shooting and processing is going on :eek:

Cheers, Jack

What a timely and potent reminder that photography is supposed to *FUN* and a reason to go on a roadtrip to a fabulous natural location with friends, rather than to become exorcised about the vagueries of modern technology

Nick: I sure couldn't have said this better. After all the M8 bashing, I was so glad to get on the forum today and see some guys shootin' pix and drinking at the same time, no less! Kinda reminds me of Animal House after Dean Wormer kicks everybody out and closes Delta House --what to do next?

ROAD TRIP!

Guest guy_mancuso

Tim buy a 5D

BTW lets' remember we are the artist and the color we give you is the color we want and maybe not what you expect. Get over it

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Here is Jack's famous cat pictures taken with his M8.

The small print is full frame M8 file.

The first large print is 16x20 crop out of an effictive 30x44inch print, uprezed in Photoshop to 30x44 at 360ppi.

The biggest print (there is a little flash reflection on it) is a 16x20 crop out of what would be a 5 foot by 7.5 foot print.

L1040477.jpg