Yosemite M8 trip

robsteve

Guest guy_mancuso

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Couple more the 75 cron. i am doing everything in c1 and Robert in lightroom. Last one was the 35mm F2 Cron

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest guy_mancuso

Robert struggling with the 5d menu . LOL

OBVIOUS FRUSTRATION. LOL

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Guys,

Please forgive any apparent attemps to serve as a remote tour guide, but if you have time and I'm not too late, you would do well to take a half day or so and visit the meadows (Toulmine ??), that run along and above the North side of the Valley to the Eastern entrance to the park.

While Ansel A. and the gazillions that followed him have seen the wonders of the Valley through their lenses, I'd venture that fewer than 10% have been to that portion of the park.

Well worth the time, unless at 9,500 feet, Mother Nature has closed the gate by this time.

Jerry

Guest guy_mancuso
Guys,

Please forgive any apparent attemps to serve as a remote tour guide, but if you have time and I'm not too late, you would do well to take a half day or so and visit the meadows (Toulmine ??), that run along and above the North side of the Valley to the Eastern entrance to the park.

While Ansel A. and the gazillions that followed him have seen the wonders of the Valley through their lenses, I'd venture that fewer than 10% have been to that portion of the park.

Well worth the time, unless at 9,500 feet, Mother Nature has closed the gate by this time.

Jerry

Jerry th road is closed

When critically focusing the noctilux at 1.0 , is the sharpest focus ALWAYS when the rangefinder is exactly in line ? In other words have you noticed that sometimes the best focus at 1.0 is achieved when the rangefinder patches are NOT lined up exactly ? (but very close) And is it possible that at some distances the best focus is achieved when the alignment is slightly off, but at other distances the best focus is achieved with perfect rangefinder patch alignment?

Tim--

The 5D shot is very impressive indeed! But it's a different angle, different depth of field, I think even different lighting.

What impresses me is the feel Guy has for using depth of field as an element of composition with a rangefinder camera (gate centered in church window for example). That takes a lot of us a long time to learn!

This looks like a great trip, fellas. Wish we were there!

--HC

BTW, I've heard of Devil's Canyon but never of Guy's Gate. Is it on the regular tourist maps? :)

When critically focusing the noctilux at 1.0 , is the sharpest focus ALWAYS when the rangefinder is exactly in line ? In other words have you noticed that sometimes the best focus at 1.0 is achieved when the rangefinder patches are NOT lined up exactly ? (but very close) And is it possible that at some distances the best focus is achieved when the alignment is slightly off, but at other distances the best focus is achieved with perfect rangefinder patch alignment?

Bill:

I just fire when the patches align.

Jack Flesher demonstrating how Guy's wife described Guy's virility. I used the 75mm f2 wide open, 640iso.

L1040469.jpg

LOL! Rob, this white balance looks like some pictures I have taken, which ended up being very hard to correct. There wasn't any red light around, eh?

Couple more the 75 cron. i am doing everything in c1 and Robert in lightroom. Last one was the 35mm F2 Cron

Guy,

Awesome trip and pictures!

Quick question; Robert is shooting M8 right? As he is using LightRoom, does he have any speical pre-sets for the M8 for color correction (IR etc)?

Thanks!

Niels

You guys are having a great time!

The pictures of the gate could become someone's Ph.D. Thesis! There's so much to say and so little to conclude without having the prints to look at. I'm sure the M8 and the Leica files are magnificent.

Anyway, I'm happy for you and slightly, well a lot jealous!

Asher

http://www.openphotographyforums.com

Guest guy_mancuso
Guy,

Awesome trip and pictures!

Quick question; Robert is shooting M8 right? As he is using LightRoom, does he have any speical pre-sets for the M8 for color correction (IR etc)?

Thanks!

Niels

Robert is using the M8 and the Nocti with a IR filter in all the interior one. In Lightroom I don't think he has any pre sets going.

The gate shots were fun . I used the 75 cron and Roberts 35 cron. I been shooting a lot of that stuff wide open. We will run a head to head between some of the camera's . The gate one we were doing different things, so a little hard to compare them except just look. Secretly you need to remember Jack is a expert at processing canon files or any files. Most folks are not even in the same ball park with him there. Whats funny is All the large camera and multiple bags and i have a little Artsian with whole M8 system in it. Now that is something there jealous of. LOL

Robert is using the M8 and the Nocti with a IR filter in all the interior one. In Lightroom I don't think he has any pre sets going.

Thanks Guy! As I'm a LightRoom guy myself (however no M8 - yet), I was just curious if he did something special to get the colors right (like - for C1 - Jamie's profiles etc).

Niels

“I have a 484 filter on the Noctilux.”

Robert, do you mean a 486? I ordered one from Leica - they say it will not arrive until February.

“Jack Flesher demonstrating how Guy's wife described Guy's virility.” That is really funny, and absolutely on target when three guys get together. It reminds me of our sailboat trips.....

“Rob, you did bring some Alexander Keiths for the gang, right?” Sean - those are condoms?

Rob, enough of the graveyards. There are lots of old people on this list!

This is a lot more fun than any pics you guys are going to get of Yosemite.

Tim--

The 5D shot is very impressive indeed! But it's a different angle, different depth of field, I think even different lighting.

What impresses me is the feel Guy has for using depth of field as an element of composition with a rangefinder camera (gate centered in church window for example). That takes a lot of us a long time to learn!

This looks like a great trip, fellas. Wish we were there!

--HC

BTW, I've heard of Devil's Canyon but never of Guy's Gate. Is it on the regular tourist maps? :)

Yes indeed, Guy's shot is superior to mine! He is truly a pro photographer and his images usually reflect that -- tough to be in the same thread with him regardless of cameras being used!

More later -- heading out the door now!

Jack