London 2012 Olympics progress

digi2ap

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi everyone - first post here. I live on the doorstep of the 2012 Olympics construction site which makes for some interesting photo ops. This one was taken earlier in the year on the morning when the bridge in the foreground had it's final push across the 'live' Tube lines at Stratford station. The bridge when complete will be a permanent link to Stratford City in 2011 (in development beyond the bridge) and the newly opened Stratford International station. In the background (left) and under construction is the Olympic Stadium and the Aquatics Centre. I'd be glad of your feedback.

On a technical level I've struggled to save the image larger than 146kB for some reason even though I uploaded a larger file - any ideas?

Cheers now.....

On a technical level I've struggled to save the image larger than 146kB for some reason even though I uploaded a larger file - any ideas?

The dialog window shown while uploading attachments shows the limits for pictures to be uploaded. Exceed those limits and the forum software will shrink your image for you. Currently, those limits are 960 pixels in any direction and a file size of 293 kB.

Is it wrong that I want a time lapse of the project from your viewpoint :D

Hi h00ligan - I took the image in July 09 and will repeat every July through to the London Olympics which begin on July 27 in 2012. While not quite a time-lapse I hope this will make an interesting set of comparisons.

• 4 weeks later...