Dlux 4 update 2.2 close focussing

Advertisement (gone after registration)

After I updated to version 2.1 close focussing at the macro setting was very bad. I figured Leica would solve this problem in version 2.2. No such thing! I`m very dissapointed, I never had problems close-focussing with the earlier versions. I hope that Leica solves this problem shortly. I wonder if other users have the same problems.

After I updated to version 2.1 close focussing at the macro setting was very bad. I figured Leica would solve this problem in version 2.2. No such thing! I`m very dissapointed, I never had problems close-focussing with the earlier versions. I hope that Leica solves this problem shortly. I wonder if other users have the same problems.

Have you unknowingly moved the switch on the side of the lens away from the Macro Mode's flower symbol ?

(refer to page 36 of the Instruction Book)

Close focussing has always been less good at longer zoom lengths so make sure you're at the widest angle if you want to go really close. I've found that since the DL4 now remembers it's last zoom setting I have to remember to check what zoom the camera's at if I want to go very close.

Pete.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jaapv
      An excellent but quirky lens.
      It is a big and heavy piece of glass, slightly larger than the 55-135 and 75 grams more (650 g) but it feels heavier than that. It is -just- usable on the CL but the lack of IBIS (the lens has no OIS) dictates high shutter speeds. Build quality is correspondingly the proverbial tank. The design was not done with esthetics in mind.
      The optical quality is astoundingly good at all distances, from full 1:1 macro to infinity, with only the faintest trace of lateral CA. I cannot compare, but from memory it seems to be at least as good as the APO-Macro-Elmarit R, albeit not quite APO but with the advantage of not needing an Elpro. The Bokeh is very smooth and pleasant.
      AF may not be the fastest in the industry. but it is very precise and fast enough to keep up with my dog running towards me.  The AF limiter switch is essential, as the lens will tend to hunt from infinity to 1:1 and back without it, taking seconds, especially when doing in-camera focus stacking (S cameras) Limiting the range solves the problem.
      The focal length on full frame is on the short side for hand-held full macro, but it is doable. On the CL it will go into micro photography.
      I disliked manual focusing with macro - it takes many turns to wind the lens out to 1:1, so much so that I found it nearly unusable. AF only or at best static tripod use. However, the lens is equally  effective as a landscape, portrait and macro lens.
      Conclusion: A very versatile workhorse which will deliver top image quality. At the cost of bulk and weight. A steal at the price.
      (yes, I know my CL is filthy...  )

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By maddoc2003jp
      Hello Forum members,
      I am hoping to get some information about the Leitz BELUN 1:1 copy stand for the Leitz Elmar 5 cm lens in combination with a macro-tube. The BELUN set that I just received contains the three rods imprinted "ELMAR" and a macro (extension) tube imprinted "ELMAR SUMMAR 1:1". I have seen photos of similar setups a couple of times online so I thought it should work for 1:1 reproduction (I want to digitize film using a SONY A7"). Testing the setup yesterday with my SONY A7 + KF Concept E - M-mount adapter + M-mount - LTM adapter + BELUN macro tube + Elmar 5cm lens + 3-leg copy stand setup, I wasn't able to achieve any in-focus image with the Elmar lens in any focussing position and aperture f/9. I only get grain resolution (or sufficient sharp images) if I push the Elmar halfway in. My question is now if there are any variations  in the setup or settings required? 
      Any tips or info is very welcome.
      Cheers,

Gabor
    • By Goalasso
      Good Day!
      Is it possible to tell if an image was taken in Macro mode vs. not from exif data? I am using Lightroom and do not see any indication. It would be nice to be able to identify that on my images. 
      Thanks in advance. 

• By stevegaskin
      I'm looking to 'play around' with some macro photography. Nothing serious at this stage so don't want to spend much.  I have a Novoflex R-SL adaptor which I use with a 50mm Summicron R I have and it works fine. Has anyone any thoughts on both the Elmarit-R f2.8 60mm and the Elmar-R f4 100mm, both of which seem to be reasonably priced on eBay. Any pitfalls to look out for and most importantly, will that work with the SL using manual and Focus Peaking?

Many thanks