Sign in to follow this  
Gabeb1946

LCD screen cover problems.

In an effort to protect my M8 LCD screen I applied one of those flex plastic cut to size protectors - worked great after all air bubbles were gently extracted - but when time came for replacement it stuck so well (and I was impatient) that it pulled the LCD protector out of it's bezel. I noticed two or three tiny glue (Leica glue!) spots in corners that apparently held this "high quality" plastic (?) in place - but now i'm afraid it'll pop out (has once). Of course I won't apply any old glue back here - been reading nightmare stories about chemical reactions, cryo..., crazy glue vapor, etc. Leica USA smiles benignly and is no help ( can't have camera gone for 3-4 weeks). If all else fails I'll drop off at local repairer (L.A.) but that's a week or so for something so simple. Could anyone please recommend a course of action (or a brand of glue?)

Thank You - and Happy Holidays everyone.

I would say that you should bite the bullet and have Leica fix it. It is not just as simple as gluing it back on... There was an airtight seal that has been broken... If you glue it back without a perfect seal you will develop the dreaded "coffee ring"...

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m8-forum/104392-burned-imprint-display.html

Then you have two problems: a ugly ring under the screen cover and a screen cover that is glued on with a non-Leica glue...