How many film cameras do people still own and use?

SteveYork

I have plenty of film in the freezer but few film cameras to shoot it with. In truth, although I like the aesthetics of film, I don't feel much inclination to shoot the stuff. The only film cameras I have now are an MP (which I'll probably flog this year), an 0-series replica (which, despite being a lovely little thing, is borderline chocolate teapot in terms of its usefulness) and an NPC-195 Polaroid pack film camera. I do also have a couple of SX-70 cameras but with only one (well outdated) pack of film in the fridge, they might as well be used as small doorstops.

Why use them as doorstops when you can buy film for them? POLAPREMIUM - film

Just don't sell your film gear, you'll regret it soon enough. I did, and I bought most things back over the time. Many $$$ waisted.

Right now I don't even own anything digital (though my wife and kids have a series of Nikon DSLRs). My analog gear: Leica M2, Rolleiflex 3.5F and Mamiya RB67 Pro-SD. Plus some older cameras I use from time to time to keep them going. For some events I will get a Nikon D90 in the next weeks, but on my business trips, you will find either the Rolleiflex or (more likely) the M2 in my car.

Regards, Holger

I use a Hasselblad 500 C and sometimes also a Leica R4s (both belong to my wife). A Russian Horizon 202 panoramic camera mostly lives in its bag, but one of these days I would like to take it for a spin.

But I have to admit that my M8 is the camera I use the most.

CE

Guest flatfour

The more I look at and sometimes use my film cameras the more I wish Leica would produce a small (Leica III size) camera OF SIMILAR BUILD QUALITY. The X1 is a very good little camera but it is light and feels cheap by Leica standards. I still use my Leica 1a, Leica III, R4S, Ikonta 520/2, Hasselblad, Ikoflex III ( Mirrored Albada finder model), and my Contarex with 50mm Planar (sharpest 50mm lens I have ever used)

Nikon F5

R8

M4-P

M5

M7

MP

I will have to sell the R8 + one M, but these Damn M cameras are so lovely I can't get around to selling one. Each one of them is so special. Even the R8 is such a nice piece I just can't get myself to commit selling.

2 MP's (Tri-X and KC 64)

an M6 (classic) with Tri-X

Nikon F3T with Portra

plus 1 Poloroid (but alas no film :()

The rangefinders all in use regularly, the Nikon far less and the Poloroid was put in a drawer after my the last film was shot...

m

Guest flatfour

Andy - Not yet - I hope to soon. The dealer told me I should not try to compare it. Fair enough and I'm not saying it's no good. I am sure the optics are good and reviews about the images are very good. But he said it's not built like the old Leicas. I asked if that was because they are not intended to last so long and he made the reasonable comment that progress is so fast that it doesn't pay to make them too durable.

Got couple digital cameras : M8, my main camera for almost everything and a Nikon D2h exclusivly for macro and tele work. Was cheap this way rather than go around with a clunkly visoflex and the sorts.

Film wise, I have one : A Leica MP Anthracite, which I use rarely but I do enjoy it. More of a camera to pass on to a son one day .) ( or so I romantic think so :) )