The M8 on the way to Sant James

Fotomiguel

Advertisement (gone after registration)

14th and 15th days

Itero de la Vega-Carrion de los Condes 35 km and Carrion de los Condes-Sahagún 40 km

These two days have been really hard. Boring landscapes, straight roads, one of them more than 15 km and not many shots. Each day I'm able to walk more km and I feel very tired in the evening but then fine again early in the morning. Today the last part of the way was nicer and I think from now on I will shoot a bit more.

Regards

Miguel

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jeff

I'm in Leon. Yes still walking. The last days haven't been so nice. Not many good pictures and I'm a bit depressed. Today I arrived early to Leon and the city was nice. I decided to walk a bit more and try some shots in the streets, but I think I was too tired to give my best. I need a great shot that give me some energy.

Best regards

Miguel

I'm in Astorga.

Now I'm a bit slower. I had to stayed one day without walking in Hospital de Órbigo. My heels were inflamed. The doctor told me to rest for one day. Today I've walked just 17 km to Astorga. To celebrate that my heels have improved, I decided to go to a restaurant and eat the famous " cocido maragato " so now I feel about to explote but in very good mood. The way has been much nicer and I did a couple of good shots. From now on the way will be nicer.

Regards

Miguel

I'm in o Cebreiro. Just 150 km to arrive. This is one of the highest montains in the way and the first village in Galicia. I could see two eagles playing in the air. Very nice but no telelens.

My legs and feet after more than 600 km are not in the best condition, but I think I will arrive. My M8 and lenses need a good cleaning but I'm very happy with their behavior.

Kind regards

Miguel

Edited by Fotomiguel

I'm in o Cebreiro. Just 150 km to arrive. This is one of the highest montains in the way and the first village in Galicia. I could see two eagles playing in the air. Very nice but no telelens.

My legs and feet after more than 600 km are not in the best condition, but I think I will arrive. My M8 and lenses need a good cleaning but I'm very happy with their behavior.

Kind regards

Miguel

I hope you are fine. How are things? Best regards.

I'm just 40 km from Santiago. In Arzua. The day after tomorrow I'll arrive.

It's very cold and snow mixed with rain are making the way even harder. All the way has been very nice but I feel I want to arrive. Tomorrow I'm going to try 35km and then the last day just 5km to enjoy the end. Most of the way I've been alone but now there are many pilgrims walking the last part of the way. It looks too busy for me. Even meeting very interesting people and making some friends, I like to walk alone, view, think and take some pictures. I think that now I'm not taking my best pictures. May be because I'm more tired or may be I'm not so lucky.

Regards

Miguel

Miguel, ya estás aquí, casi, y yo tengo que viajar este fin de semana, pero si te quedas hasta el domingo o lunes me gustaría saludarte, como te dije. Podríamos acercarnos a algún lugar propio de los compostelanos, o incluso rematar el camino con el viaje a Finisterre (en coche, por supuesto) porque no creo que llegues con fuerzas para hacer ese tramo. En el privado ya te indiqué mi teléfono. Animo y un abrazo.S.

Miguel, ya estás aquí, casi, y yo tengo que viajar este fin de semana, pero si te quedas hasta el domingo o lunes me gustaría saludarte, como te dije. Podríamos acercarnos a algún lugar propio de los compostelanos, o incluso rematar el camino con el viaje a Finisterre (en coche, por supuesto) porque no creo que llegues con fuerzas para hacer ese tramo. En el privado ya te indiqué mi teléfono. Animo y un abrazo.S.

Llegaré mañana. Si quieres el viernes tarde o el domingo por la mañana. Vuelo a Mallorca el domingo sobre las 17:00 horas.

Saludos

Miguel

It's been a long and hard day but now I'm just 5 km from Santiago. I'm in Monte do Gozo. That means the mountain of joy. I feel really good. It's time to celebrate. Tomorrow I'll arrive to Santiago and I'll rest.

Kind regards

Miguel

That's terrific. Congratulations. I am looking forward to your images from this walk whenever and wherever you post them. Thanks and rest comfortably.

Miguel, yo llego a Santiago precisamente el dominto a las 5; nos cruzaremos en el aeropuerto. Una lástima. Otra vez será.

Congratulations!! You have reached the Compostela, Ultreia!!! Now the next step is the very end of the way, Finisterre, the end of the world (the know word, I mean, in the X century). Un abrazo. S.

The way to Sant James is done. My M8 has been a good partner and has shot about 900 times mostly with the 50 cron. Today I go to visit Finisterre (by bus) and tomorrow I'll take a plane to Mallorca.

I've been very lucky. Everything has been wonderful. May be the last days I was too tired and my legs had too much pain to enjoy like the days before but that's part of the way. I've met people of around the world: Korea, Canada, France, Italy, Poland, Australia, Spain, Austria, Germany... Some of them now are good friends. I've realized that everywhere is plenty of nice and good people. No matter which country. People who looks for the meaning of life, be better person, improve their personality, find God and live a new expirience. The world is not as bad as I belived and every person has something special. May be the politics should walk the "camino".

As a photographer I'm happy with my pictures. Many of them are just a nice picture to remember the way. Anothers are good enough to make feel proud. In some time I'll sed a link with the best ones. It's really difficult to reproduce the beauty of the way. Let' s see

Thank you for your support and patience.

Miguel

Congratulations on reaching the end of your journey Miguel. You have my admiration for making such a journey, and my thanks for sharing it with us here. I hope that you will now enjoy a good rest over the Christmas period, and let your body recover. Once again, congratulations on a journey well done. :)