Christmas gift from Leica?

epand56

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bless you. You seem somewhat disgruntled. Leica gave their customers an excellent digital rangefinder, and now a somewhat better one, a good point-and-shoot and a super-DSLR are in the pipeline. I cannot follow your complaints, despite "having achieved something in my life" as you put it so quaintly.

I can not understand why adults keep complaining...

Leica means money. Money means an ability to achieve things and overcome obstacles (unless money is inherited). People who can make enough money to buy expensive toys should not tolerate this kind of attitude form manufacturers (if they feel that they have been treated unfairly).

As the special day approaches one only need to look at the threads in the M9 forum to bet where the elves (Hardware & Software) are being deployed....

We had better hope that we are the Valentines sweethearts at this point...

Merry Xmas to Leica & All... :rolleyes:

I can not understand why adults keep complaining...

Leica means money. Money means an ability to achieve things and overcome obstacles (unless money is inherited). People who can make enough money to buy expensive toys should not tolerate this kind of attitude form manufacturers (if they feel that they have been treated unfairly).

Ah- there lies the crux. I see no reason for feeling that way.

Ah- there lies the crux. I see no reason for feeling that way.

We are on the same page, although you are a much more tolerant person. It is a very admirable trait.

Anyway, if there is no new M8 firmware by spring, I'll make some money selling a large quantity of used mint leica equipment and leica will lose some money by not selling brand new stuff.

If there is a new firmware. I'll buy M9 just to support the company (I don't really need M9).

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Surely it makes sense for M8 owners to sit tight and wait for a year or so for Leica to offer the full-frame sensor upgrade to their existing M8 body? Together with new motherboard and brightline finder.

I'm sure this is technically possible and while it might appear a questionable move from a marketing point of view it would be in line with what Leica have said about the M8 in the past. It's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility.

We are on the same page, although you are a much more tolerant person. It is a very admirable trait.

Anyway, if there is no new M8 firmware by spring, I'll make some money selling a large quantity of used mint leica equipment and leica will lose some money by not selling brand new stuff.

If there is a new firmware. I'll buy M9 just to support the company (I don't really need M9).

All indications are that there will be. Don't forget the last firmware update for the DMR, years after the thing went out of production.