super elmar 18mm

jumbalix

I guess you are referring to an issue that some M9 users seem to have noticed on the edges of the frame - will probably be solved through firmware. Don't think anyone complained about this lens on the M8.

You need either the (expensive) Leica finder or a Zeiss or CV finder (24 or 25mm to take into account the 1.33 crop factor).

Hope this helps.

Even with the M8 the red hue on the left side in some circumstances is a problem... Easily fixed with Sandy's Cornerfix

... From what I understand it is due to the firmware overcorrecting the shot... Hopefully Leica will address this in their next firmware update (Which I hope is soon)

This is a minor issue... I love the lens for the sheer amount of real estate you can get into the shot

I don't use an external viewfinder - just my personal taste... don't like one more dongle to worry about...

Even with the M8 the red hue on the left side in some circumstances is a problem... Easily fixed with Sandy's Cornerfix ...

Interesting. I have been noticing the red hue on the left with my M8/WATE combination too! If it is an firmware problem, I hope they fix it soon! Has it been brought to Leica' s attention? Perhaps a subject for a separate thread with a compelling title?

Edited by vanhulsenbeek

Interesting. I have been noticing the red hue on the left with my M8/WATE combination too! If it is an firmware problem, I hope they fix it soon! Has it been brought to Leica' s attention? Perhaps a subject for a separate thread with a compelling title?

Sander,

I've noticed you have said "on the left" and you talk about the WATE but.. do you remember summer 2007...?

The 67mm IR/UV has a different formula especially designed for ultra wide angle lenses (WATE) If my memory is good, I think Sean Reid confirmed this. When you use the glass of the Leica 49mm IR/UV (or B+W # 486 and/or # 489) with the Milich adapter, you can get occasionally red corners at 16mm and 18mm on the M8 (I do get them).

Using the Leica 67mm filter with the adapter (not very beautiful on the M8, I agree), I don't get red corners...

Leica's firmware corrections on the M8 are made for the Leica 67mm formula, so maybe the red hue you're talking about has something to do with the filter used on the WATE, maybe not.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Leica's firmware corrections on the M8 are made for the Leica 67mm formula, so maybe the red hue you're talking about has something to do with the filter used on the WATE, maybe not.

You may be right there, unfortunately

But I was triggered by The Left in Stokefin's post, and that is exactly were I, sometimes, have problems too. If it were the filter, I should have problems on the right side as well.

You may be right there, unfortunately

But I was triggered by The Left in Stokefin's post, and that is exactly were I, sometimes, have problems too. If it were the filter, I should have problems on the right side as well.

Here is Cornerfix in action:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m9-forum/103003-cornerfix-1-3-0-0-available.html#post1102438