Blinking red point in display

hjernemadsen

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Maybe a trivial question, but anyway:

In the display om my leica M 7 there is a red dot in my display that indicates activation of the metering memory lock. UNDER this red dot there is another red dot (an error messenger dot) that indicates erros of different kinds. This lower dot for example lightens up if I turn the camera on with no film in it.

This lower dot (the error messenger dot) is now blinking intermittently when I activate the meter memory lock (press the release buttom half down).

The dot is only blinking when I press on the release buttom, it is only intermittently, and it is far from always it happends. As far as I can see the camera funtions. What can it be? I can find no reference to it in the manual

Yours sincerely

And thank you in advance

Peter Lund Madsen

Maybe a trivial question, but anyway:

In the display om my leica M 7 there is a red dot in my display that indicates activation of the metering memory lock. UNDER this red dot there is another red dot (an error messenger dot) that indicates erros of different kinds. This lower dot for example lightens up if I turn the camera on with no film in it.

This lower dot (the error messenger dot) is now blinking intermittently when I activate the meter memory lock (press the release buttom half down).

The dot is only blinking when I press on the release buttom, it is only intermittently, and it is far from always it happends. As far as I can see the camera funtions. What can it be? I can find no reference to it in the manual

Yours sincerely

And thank you in advance

Peter Lund Madsen

Peter, nothing to worry about. The second dot flashing means you have no film in the camera. Sometimes, even with film in the camera, I get an itermittent second dot when my nose presses against the ISO dial. This doesn't really happen any more.

Seb.