APO Modular Telyt-R questions

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi All,

I am soon set to receive a Modular Telyt-R but it comes without a manual. I would love to get an electronic one, or buy a paper manual; but am really interested on the instructions on how to join the head to the focusing module. I believe it should be easy, but don't want to mess it up when I get it.

A second topic is a Series 6 filter. I am wondering what people think about the polarizer and if it is worth trying to buy one.

Thanks,

Jeremy

A polarizer is always good to have. There is a series 6 for sale on the auction site of Quality Camera. If you really want one, get it soon as Leica no longer supplies one.

I downloaded the manual. Thanks for the link!

I have found a used Series 6 polarizer, but now I am wondering if it is just the filter, or if it will come with the holder that includes the wheel to rotate it internally. I will have to look into it.

Thanks again,

Jeremy

A couple of tricks:

- before attempting the mating, make sure the head's rotating bayonet thing is 'armed' by turning it counter-clockwise.

- reference your fingers between the two halves when docking, to avoid bumps.

- once docked (with the auto bayonet spinning) give the spinny thing an extra gentle turn by hand to ensure the halves don't separate unexpectadly. This happened to a number of new users, hence the red warning stickers on later large heads.

- consider using the uniform ground glass screen (with or without grids) with the f5.6 module. The microprisms of other screens don't work well at f5.6.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LCL999
      I have a rather marvellous 400mm Telyt. It has a male 39mm O.D. thread which is bigger than the standard LTM. The normal way to connect it to an M series camera is to use a 16466 M which provides the matching female thread to a male M bayonet (23mm flange-to-flange), plus a Visoflex I or II which has M-bayonet to M-bayonet to connect to the camera and is 41mm flange-to-flange. The Visoflex houses the reflex mirror plus bits sticking out to set and trigger the mirror.
      Now that I have an SL, I don't need the Visoflex. It would be nice to replace it with a simple 41mm spacer with M-bayonets on each side. i.e a dummy Visoflex. Does such a thing exist?
      Alternatively I could replace both the Visoflex and the16466 with a 64mm spacer, 39mm female thread to male M-bayonet. Does such a thing exist?
      The third alternative is disassemble the Visoflex. I haven't tried that. If I do, what problems might I face?
    • By thowi
      Hallo zusammen,

da hier und da schon einmal nach dem Puts-Kolumnen für die R-Objekive gefragt wird, möchte ich diese hier zusammenhängend veröffentlichen. Die Kolumnen wurden damals bei Leica frei veröffentlicht, sind jedoch heute nicht mehr verfügbar.

Es handelt sich hier um insgesamt 17 .pdf Dateien die aufgrund ihrer Größe nicht in einen Beitrag passen. 

Gruß
      Thomas
    • By JonathanWallace
      Dear Forum Members:

It is my first day here and I am already so happy that there is so much to learn and every one is sharing knowledge so enthusiastically.

I had a question about old lenses. On most lenses, when I move the focus to infinity, the barrel stops and I know this is the end of focus.

But the Telyt 280mm f/4.8 lens I have got (series number is 234XXXX) goes beyond infinity and extends to the m/feet mark. I am attaching a photo explaining the problem.

I have two questions:

Is this normal?
        I am guessing that the Telyt 280mm f/4.8 lens does not couple with the rangefinder. In that case, I am going to be using the live-view any way.

Let's say, this is a calibration issue with the lens. Eventually, it should work out with the live view mode, right? Or could this calibration error mean that my camera won't focus in the right range, ever.  

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By ANDRECK
      I have interest in this first version of the Telyt 40cm 5, serial numbers and pictures. I have 5 in my collection. 
      Thank you
    • By vickersdc
      I've used my Visoflex 1 on my '37 Leica II, fitted with bellows, to take macro shots but I've just put it on my IIIf along with a 200mm Telyt lens to check it over before I take it out for some alpine photography in a few weeks time.

The problem is that although I can swing the camera through 90 degrees for portrait and landscape views, the camera is not horizontal or vertical, but off by a few degrees. This means that I can't get horizontal at all (unless I unscrew the Visoflex slightly), and I can achieve vertical but only by moving the camera off one of the Visoflex end-stops (I hope that makes some sense?!).

Can I adjust the 'end stops' on the Visoflex so that I can ensure horizontal / vertical setting of the camera? If so, how?

Thanks,
      David.