From Leica Wiki (English)
- Production era - 2009-2012
- Order nos. - 10801 - S2-P 10802
- Camera type - Digital single-lens reflex camera for use with Leica S lenses.
- Image sensor - low-noise Kodak CCD sensor, resolution - 37.5 megapixels (7,500 x 5,000), size - 45 x 30mm, pixel spacing - 6μm. aspect ratio: 3:2, dynamic range - 12 stops, color depth - 16 bits per pixel, low-pass filter - none (Moiré detection and suppression using digital signal processing).
- Sensitivity range - ISO 80 to 1250 (manual or automatic control).
- Data storage - Format - DNG (approx. 75 MB per image), JPEG (basic or fine), memory cards - CompactFlash (up to 64 GB), SD (HC).
- Maximum frame rate - 1.5 images/s, buffer memory: 1 GB (for a minimum sequence of 8 images in DNG format).
- Control monitor - 3-inch TFT with 460,000 pixels, 16 million colors, cover glass: highly abrasion and scratch resistant sapphire glass (only with the LEICA S2-P).
- Connections - High-speed USB 2.0 (robust connection with strain-relief, cable included), HDMI, remote release, X sync, SCA3002.
- Exposure metering - Multi-field metering (5 fields), center-weighted integral metering, spot metering (3.5%).
- Exposure control - Program mode (with Shift function), shutter priority, aperture priority, manual metering.
- Shutter - Metal focal-plane shutter integrated in body - 1 /4000 s to 32 s (B to 120 s), flash sync time - 1 /125 s, optional leaf shutter in selected lenses - 1 /500 s to 8 s, flash synch time - 1 /500 s.
- Flash operation - Metering method - TTL (multi-field, selective, center-weighted), TTL-HSS rapid synchronization up to 1 /4000 s with shutter, Compatibility - fully compatible with LEICA SF-58 and devices with SCA3002 adapters.
- Auto Focus - central crosshair sensor, focusing drive in lens, operating modes - AF continuous, AF single, MF, MF override, AF memory with AF lock button.
- Viewfinder - High eye-point pentaprism viewfinder, magnification - 0.86 x, viewfinder field - 96%, diopter compensation -3 to +1, focusing screen - matte with cross-hairs (interchangeable).
- Power supply - Li-Ion Akku (7.4 V, 2150 mAh)
- Housing - Die-cast magnesium, size (without lens) - 160 x 120 x 80 mm /6.29 x 4.72 x 3.15 in, weight: 1410 g /49.73 oz (including battery), resistant to dust and dripping /splashing water.
- Scope of supply - Software: Adobe Lightroom, Leica Image Shuttle, battery, charging unit, USB cable, carrying strap.
- 14488 - SF-58 - Flash Unit
- 14491 - HDMI Cable S
- 16000 - Standard focusing screen
- 16001 - Microprism focusing screen
- 16002 - Grid focusing screen, showing the “golden ratio” for precise image composition
- 16003 - Multifunctional grip S
- 16004 - Neoprene hand strap
- 16010 - Case S
- 16011 - Professional charger S - 14429 Battery
- 16012 - S-Camera Remote Release Cable
- Lens adapters
- 16024 - S-Adapter V - Hasselblad V system lenses (introduced August 2011)
- 16025 - S-Adapter P67 - Pentax 67 system lenses (introduced August 2011)
- 16026 - S-Adapter M645 - Mamiya 645 system lenses (introduced August 2011)
- 16030 - S-Adapter H - Hasselblad H system lenses (introduced May 2012)
- Other - "High-quality filters can be obtained . . . from traditional manufacturers like B+W and Heliopan."
- Designer - Manfred Meinzer (housing 09 Sep 2008 EU)
- Manuals & brochures
- S Lenses
- S2 Firmware Updates - (see Owner's Area for latest firmware)
- On the street - $US 22,995 - SP-2 27,995 in 2012 & 2010
- Forum discussion
Leica S2 Serial Numbers
|SN Start||SN End||Product||Year||Total|