From Leica Wiki (English)
- Production era - 1990-1994
- Order numbers - 10055-black - 10810-olympia
- Variants - 1992 Barcelona Olympia set which included a Leica Mini and 28mm–70mm f/3.5–4.5 Vario Elmar-R
- Description - "The Leica R-E, first shown at Photokina 1990, joins the Leica R5 series and has three exposure modes, either centre weighted full area reading for normal subjects or a selective reading to cope with the more difficult lighting conditions. Both metering modes are available with the aperture priority AE, as well as manual mode, coupled with the selective meter reading, for occasions where the aperture and shutter speed can be set independently.
- Accessories - DB 2
- Manuals & brochures
- R-E Instruction Manual courtesy of Mike Butkus
- Forum discussion
R-E Serial Numbers
|SN Start||SN End||Product||Year||Batch|
|1777501||1779000||Leica R6 & R-E||4 May 1990*||2500 ca.1250|
|1782001||1783000||Leica R5, R6, R-E||1990||1000 ca.333|
|1786001||1788000||Leica R5, R-E||1990*||2000 ca.1000|
|1788001||1790000||Leica R5, R-E||1991*||2000 ca.1000|
|1791001||1793000||Leica R5, R-E (olympia)||1991*||2000 ca.1000|
|1797001||1799000||Leica R5, R-E||1991*||2000 ca.1000|
|1799001||1800000||Leica R5, R-E||1991*||1000 ca.500|
|1900001 ^||1903500||Leica R-E, R6.2||1991*||3500 ca.1750|
|1907501||1908500||Leica R-E, R6.2||1991*||1000 ca.500|
. * Serial numbers and batch total from Gandy's List
** Serial numbers from Serial Numbers Leica Cameras with computed batch total.
Unmarked SN's match between both lists and Gandy's batch total was used without recalculation.