Leica Q: Firmware Update v3.0
Leica has released a major firmware update (v3.0) for the Leica Q (Type 116) which was introduced three years ago.
Leica Forum members were involved as beta testers to provide you the best possible result!
Download the update from the Leica website:Leica Q Firmware Update v.3.0 Download
All improvements at a glance
- Favourites Menu: Users can now enter and save up to 15 settings for faster access in a Favourites Menu.
- Power Saving Mode: If required, the camera can now be set to switch to Stand-By Mode after 10 seconds.
- Extended functions for the Fn button: Even more options can now be selected for programming the multi-function button.
- User Profiles: Profiles can now be imported from and exported to a memory card.
- OIS – optional ‘Auto’ setting: This setting enables automatic activation of optical image stabilisation at shutter speeds of 1/60 s and slower.
- EVF/LCD setting options: This menu item can now be assigned to the Fn button.
- Settings for the electronic shutter: The electronic shutter can now be set to permanently active.
- DNG files: The processing speed of DNG files in the camera has been increased.
- Autofocus fields: The last AF field used is now memorised and recalled when switching the camera off and on again.
- Self-timer: The setting is now memorised and recalled when switching the camera off and on again.
- Exposure preview deactivation option: Exposure preview can now be deactivated in manual mode (especially useful when shooting in the studio with flash systems, underexposed settings or in dark environments).
- Image review: Automatic image review remains active as long as the shutter release button is pressed.
To install the update you should consider the following steps:
- Download the updated version of the firmware.
- Copy the firmware file onto a SD Memory Card in its top level folder.
- Make sure to turn off the power switch on the camera.
- Insert the fully charged battery to the body. If the battery is not fully charged, the update process screen will not appear.
- Insert the SD Memory Card into the camera.
- Turn the camera – while simultaneously pressing the video release button – on.
- The firmware update screen will appear. Press OK.
- The LEICA Q will start the update process. The firmware update will take about 90 seconds.
- After the update process please restart the camera (if necessary remove and reinsert the battery).