Leica M10 FW-Update 184.108.40.206 brings an improved Auto ISO option and more!
Today Leica released the firmware update v 220.127.116.11 for the Leica M10 – it brings an improved Auto ISO option, a revised Delete dialog and more.
Of course we thank our firmware beta testers for their support!Leica M10 Firmware Download
All Improvements at a glance
- Optimisation of the delete menu: The graphic user interface for the deletion of pictures has been revised.
- Longer exposure times: Exposure times of up to four minutes are now possible at base ISO.
- New continuous shooting mode with lower frame rate: An additional continuous shooting mode is now available (Continuous Low Speed, three frames per second).
- ‘Load profile’ is now available in the favourites menu.
- Aperture value in EXIF data: The camera compares the brightness measured through the lens with the measured ambient brightness to estimate the aperture used. This value is then written to the EXIF data. In some cases, the interpretation of the subject or scene may lead to incorrect estimation of the aperture value, for instance when shooting subjects or scenes with high contrast and black or white objects.
- LED deactivation: The red LED on the back of the camera can now be deactivated in the control elements menu.
- Auto-ISO setting: Auto-ISO for base ISO is set to the default value of ISO 200 to optimise dynamic range.
- Download the new firmware file to your computer.
- Prepare the SD card for installation:
- Please make sure that the card contains at least 200 MB of free disk space.
- It is recommended to format the card inside the camera before continuing.
- Copy the firmware file to the root directory of the SD card.
- Eject the SD card properly from your computer.
- Insert the SD card into the camera and switch the camera on.
- Go to Main Menu / Camera Information / Camera Firmware
- Press “Yes” to confirm and start the process;
- You may confirm to save your current profiles to the SD card before proceeding with the update.
- Wait until the update installation is completed: Message “Update successful. Camera will restart”
- Please load your last saved profiles from the SD card after the first startup.
- The update process is complete.