Leica CL/TL2 and TL Firmware Update with Improvements, New Features and Bug Fixes
New firmware versions for the Leica CL (v.2.0), Leica TL2 (v1.4) and Leica T(v1.8)/TL(v2.3) are available for download now. The update is offering improvements, new features and bug fixes.
A special thanks goes out to our Leica Forum beta testers!Leica CL FW V 2.0 Leica TL2 (v1.4) Leica TL(v2.3) Leica T(v1.8)
Leica CL Improvements
- Programming of setting dial functions: The programming of the two setting dials can now be swapped from one to the other.
- Button lock: Pressing and holding the left-hand setting dial activates button lock (this does not lock the on/off switch, the shutter release or the left-hand setting dial).
- Power Saving Mode: If required, the camera can now be set to switch to Stand-By Mode after 10 seconds.
- Touchscreen autofocus: The AF metering points can now also be shifted with the joystick control in Touch AF mode when using the electronic viewfinder.
Leica TL2 Improvements
- Selection of LCD / viewfinder settings: It is now possible to select when and where the content is displayed (up until now, display was simultaneous).
- Customisable left function menu: The items of the left function menu can now be customised by the assignment of up to six of a total of thirteen functions.
- Extended functions for the Fn button: Now, one of a total of six different functions can be assigned to the Fn button.
- Settings for the electronic shutter: The electronic shutter can be deactivated, permanently activated or set to complement the mechanical shutter.
- Focus Peaking in AF Mode: Manual focus corrections can now be applied in AF Mode with the MF-ring. In the meantime, Focus Peaking is available from FW 1.4.
- Focus Peaking with M-/R-Lenses: Focus Peaking is now also available when using M- R-Lenses with the M-Adapter L.
- Exposure correction during video recording: The left-hand setting dial can now be used to apply exposure correction during video recording.
- Zoom-in when reviewing images in the EVF: The right-hand setting dial allows users to zoom in while viewing images in the EVF.
Leica T/TL Improvements
- Simpler connection between the camera and a smartphone by app
- Reduction of chromatic aberration for all TL-Lenses
- Support and auto-update for the Elmarit-TL 18 mm f/2.8 ASPH.
- Recharge the battery to 100% and insert the battery into the camera
- Prepare the SD card for installation:
- It is recommended to format the card inside the camera
- Please make sure that the card contains at least 200 MB of free disk space
- Download the new firmware file to your computer
- Copy the firmware file to the root directory of the SD card
Installation new camera firmware
- Insert the SD card into SD slot of the camera
- Switch on the camera
- Go to MENU / SETUP / Camera Information / Firmware
- Press “Start Update” and confirm to start the process
- The camera will guide you through the backup process of your current settings
- Please confirm to save your current settings to SD card before proceeding with the update
- Wait until the update installation is completed
- Restart the camera; do not eject the SD card
- Please confirm to load your last settings from SD card during the first startup
The update process is completed.