The Twin Towers CC (D Lux-4)

soleforeal

soleforeal:

These are very nice images all ... good geometry and framing. I like the B+W, but if the sky had good clear color that day (as it would appear) I would like to see these gleaming buildings set against a dark blue sky.

I've had the good fortune of experiencing first hand both sets of 'twin towers' designed by Yamasaki. Architecturally, I feel this pair is much stronger - and much more human in scale - than the lost towers in NYC. In New York, I always believed Yamasaki was forced by the Port Authority to design structures of a size that he probably would not have pursued on his own. To me the WTC always created a visual imbalance to the NY skyline - had they been located more towards the interior of the island, perhaps I would not have felt that way. I regret absolutely the circumstances that removed the WTC from NY, but I always felt the twin towers were just too "outsized" for their environment.

Good work.

Thank you StFreud, Paul and Robert.

@ Robert,

I agree with you about designing more for human scale versus for perhaps ego as it seems.

Some architects are more sensitive to this and are cutting back, even when remodeling.

And here is one in color.

L1040106.jpg

Edited by soleforeal