Chipping Campden - Cotswolds, England. D-Lux 2

firoze

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Firoze I think you could have improved the composition. Instead of centering the tree it should have been at the bottom of the frame cutting out the road revealing more sky. The 16:9 aspect ratio is alot of frame to work. ~1/3 of your image is road when it is the tree and sky you were photographing.

I am using Mozilla on a Mac which does give a space between the 2 images. Not a large space but not butted up against each other. There is an attachment manage function but doesn't seem to tackle spacing. Are attachments always at the bottom of the post. No text below attachments?

William did you upload your image from the URL of the link or directly from your machine? The color does seem to display differently site to site.

Does any know if Andreas has the site resolution default to 96dpi or 72dpi? If it would make a difference uploading images set to 96dpi or best to use 72dpi.

Guys,

I had the same problems getting images to space out properly.

What worked for me was to set the Message Editor Interface under Edit Options in my User Control Panel to Enhanced Interface. Sounds complicated I know, but it was very easy, and it allows me to place images wherever I want within my posts. No need for any HTLM stuff, I just use the attach (paperclip) icon in the toolbar.

Hope that helps.

John I think you have it.

I had only changed mine to the standard interface. The User CP(Control Panel) button can be clicked in the main tool bar if anyone is wondering were to find the editing tools to change your profiles.

Wiliam that is odd. Some where different profiles are being applied it would seem.

Unless of course you are uploading a different version each time. :D

John I think you have it.

I had only changed mine to the standard interface. The User CP(Control Panel) button can be clicked in the main tool bar if anyone is wondering were to find the editing tools to change your profiles.

Wiliam that is odd. Some where different profiles are being applied it would seem.

Unless of course you are uploading a different version each time. :D

William's making the point that he thinks that the background on this forum should be a darker grey as he prefers his images to be seen against a darker background. I explained how he can do this very easily with the software that he has at the end of the old forum ;)

John - I thought I had clicked on every option possible, but thanks for showing one that I had missed :)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

You are right Gepetto, a bit less road and a bit more sky would have been better.

I'm using Safari on my Mac and I too see a fine gap between th two images but its not enough.

I'll try what John suggests.

Regards.

Firoze, after such adulation about the beautiful Cotswolds, I almost feel guilty returning to comment on your fine pictures.

I feel tempted to crop some of the rather dull road from the bottom of the picture.

Snowshill and the Manor (which you can visit) are well worth adding to your tour. Also Hidcote, a famous garden. Both are peaceful.

David

Firoze

An excellent pair of photographs and I enjoy the use of the 16:9 format - for me the colour image is most striking

Ps I'm convinced that forum is showing a slightly different profile and brightness level, compared to the old one.

Thanks for the knid words Robert, I like the 16:9 format too. Its great for landscapes but often works great for portraits too. If you're interested, look at some protraits I posted on the old Photo Forum:

http://www.leica-camera.com/discus_e/messages/11/221658.html?1151740169

Regards.