I love my M5

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My M5, with the black chrome 50mm Summilux ASPH. The lens and body feel made for each other.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

Now that I see so many happy and proud M5 owners here I think I should use my M5 once again, a great camera indeed.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I keep on saying the M5 is the best Leica I own even if it has the strange power of making me look more wasted than the other cameras, I don't know why:

2aam43o.jpg

Here I look pretty bad but the camera does not and also I like the pic my father took of the 330P3 my father took at Monza in 1967.

Edited by Cuthbert
  • Like 2

Dear all,

A new member, still hard to make a decision to chose M4-P or M5 body, any advice?

Thanks

Not to breach protocol (seeing as how this is the "I love my M5 thread"), but the M4-P is one hell of a good camera.  I love mine.  That having been said, I have always wanted an M5 to go with it.  Bottom line:  You can't go wrong with either one - or both!!  :lol:

I paid 650 euros for my M4-P, including the 90 mm Elmarit, the lightmeter and a Leica strap.

At that price I couldn't let it there even if I were already fine with the M3 and M5...for the 75 mm lens, I don't have one so the framelines are useless to me.

I paid 650 euros for my M4-P, including the 90 mm Elmarit, the lightmeter and a Leica strap.

At that price I couldn't let it there even if I were already fine with the M3 and M5...for the 75 mm lens, I don't have one so the framelines are useless to me.

You should have waited. If the proposed EU ruling, banning photos of public buidings without writen permission, becomes law then cameras will become very cheap.

You should have waited. If the proposed EU ruling, banning photos of public buidings without writen permission, becomes law then cameras will become very cheap.

Where did you hear this BS? Other anti-euro UKIP propaganda?

Wow. You got took. Mine was $275 USD.

I repeat because I think the message has not arrived: did you pay $275 including this:

180px-m-90f28-ii.jpg

And this:

231439-1_300x300.jpg

?

I'm just curious, of course.

Edited by Cuthbert

Yes I keep on saying the M5 is the best Leica I own even if it has the strange power of making me look more wasted than the other cameras, I don't know why:

2aam43o.jpg

Here I look pretty bad but the camera does not and also I like the pic my father took of the 330P3 my father took at Monza in 1967.

Yes, the Ferrari photo does look rather interesting.

Where did you hear this BS? Other anti-euro UKIP propaganda?

No I don't even mention the name of UKIP (oh dear I just did). This info came from Change in Germany.

I would point out that I am a supporter of the EU but sometimes laws are drafted without thinking them through properly.

On 9 July 2015, the European Parliament might destroy photography.

The Freedom of taking photos in public places is under attack. Until now, in most countries in Europe you were safe to take and publish photographs that are taken from public ground – This is called Freedom of Panorama. When you were on vacation, you could take a photo from the London Eye and share it with your friends on Facebook*. If someone wanted to pay you for using this photo, that was okay as well. But this is about to change and may destroy photography as we know it.

Julia Reda, member of the European Parliament, tried to bring the Freedom of Panorama to all countries of the EU, as a few countries like France and Italy don’t have such law yet. In the majority of countries such as the UK, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Netherlands, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Austria and Croatia, you’re safe to take, publish and sell photos of public buildings when taken from public grounds.

However, the current draft turned the proposal upside down. Instead of bringing the Freedom of Panorama to the few countries that don’t know such law yet, it would take it away from all those who do. With this, Street-, Travel- and Architecture-Photography would be dead as we know it. It is impossible to find out the architect of every public building in order to ask for permission before you can publish and possibly sell the photo.

Edited by Matlock

On 9 July 2015, the European Parliament might destroy photography.

The Freedom of taking photos in public places is under attack. Until now, in most countries in Europe you were safe to take and publish photographs that are taken from public ground – This is called Freedom of Panorama. When you were on vacation, you could take a photo from the London Eye and share it with your friends on Facebook*. If someone wanted to pay you for using this photo, that was okay as well. But this is about to change and may destroy photography as we know it.

Julia Reda, member of the European Parliament, tried to bring the Freedom of Panorama to all countries of the EU, as a few countries like France and Italy don’t have such law yet. In the majority of countries such as the UK, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Netherlands, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Austria and Croatia, you’re safe to take, publish and sell photos of public buildings when taken from public grounds.

However, the current draft turned the proposal upside down. Instead of bringing the Freedom of Panorama to the few countries that don’t know such law yet, it would take it away from all those who do. With this, Street-, Travel- and Architecture-Photography would be dead as we know it. It is impossible to find out the architect of every public building in order to ask for permission before you can publish and possibly sell the photo.

This article is an example on how people can't understand the most basic news: this law isn't present in Italy but you can take pics of all the public buildings you want.

According to this article without this "Freedom of Panorama" law you can't take pics of public places like now it happens in France and Italy but that's evidently bullocks.

So...aren't political discussions forbidden on this board? And why do you raise these alarmist proclaims in a Leica M5 discussion? 

This article is an example on how people can't understand the most basic news: this law isn't present in Italy but you can take pics of all the public buildings you want.

According to this article without this "Freedom of Panorama" law you can't take pics of public places like now it happens in France and Italy but that's evidently bullocks.

So...aren't political discussions forbidden on this board? And why do you raise these alarmist proclaims in a Leica M5 discussion? 

Fair comment.

We shall just have to wait and see.

I raised it in a rather "tongue in cheek" manner. Not as a political point.

Back to your post re the M4-P + lens + Meter. That was less than half the amount I paid for a simular set up although my MR was new and boxed. Well done.

Edited by Matlock

Bought this M5 body for a good price. I already own two M6TTL, but I could not withstand to buy it...

• Like 8