Colorplan P2 and Super-Colorplan P2

fernando_b

Someone know the difference between the two?

Thanks,

Fernando.

Fernando, this is a quote from a Leica Projection brochure of c.1996, when I purchased my P600 projector with Super-Colorplan-P2 lens. Both Colorplan and Super-Colorplan are 90mm f/2.5 lenses.

"Advanced optical computation methods led to the SUPER-COLORPLAN-P2, whose optical performance surpasses even that of the renowned COLORPLAN-P2, to the point that its imaging quality is comparable to that of the APO lenses for our LEICA M and LEICA R cameras. Its highly corrected optical system provides excellent resolving power, brilliant illumination, true color fidelity, uniformly high contrast rendition and unequalled sharpness across the entire image area."

I cannot tell you that the Super-Colorplan lens is better from personal experience, because I have not tried the Colorplan. I can say that I am very happy with my lens.

Regards,

Jon

The Super-Colorplan is slightly ahead of the Colorplan. But you would be hard-pressed to notice given that the Colorplan is already top. I am using a Colorplan on my Pradovit RT-s and a Super-Colorplan on my Pradovit P2002. To be honest, I couldn't tell the difference in optical quality in real terms.

Someone know the difference between the two?

Thanks,

Fernando.

I had experience in side by side comparison of both the 90mm "Colorplan P2 and Super-Colorplan P2", and the "90mm Colorplan Pro and Super-Colorplan Pro".

The "Super-Colorplan" is by far better than the "Colorplan" lens, very much so. When you use the "Leica Test Slides" (#942046) for projection comparison (it is a set of two identical color slides with lines, circles, numbers from center extend to all four corners), easily and clearly you can see the "Colorplan" lens can not reproduce sharpness towards outside the center area of the images, while the "Super-Colorplan" is able to reproduce uniformly, sharply, from center to corners, there are also other areas of image qualities that the "Super-colorplan" does better as well...

However the Leica "Elmarit-Pro 1;2.8/150mm" projector lens is even better than the "top quality" "Super-Colorplan" (although in different focal length, just speaking from the image quality point of view), and is the best projection lens in the whole line up of Leica projector lenses. I use the 90/120/150 Pro lenses regularly, but when ever possible in large public halls, I would choose the 150, for the enjoyment of the great image quality this lens can reproduce.