• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Looking to buy a black version to accompany my silver version 

if anybody selling, cash is ready 😅 

Also looking to buy the M3J in case you’re bored of yours 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Haven't had much chance to go out shooting recently. But today I wandered out for lunch with my M3 + 50 Lux hanging off my shoulder. Sat in a window seat inside the lunch restaurant I decided to snap a couple of photos of my friend. Oh boy, there's nothing quite like the feeling of bringing an M3 up to your eye and taking a shot. My friend wanted to take a photo too, I let her take the camera. I could see the smooth operation of the film advance lever and hear the snick of the shutter. Man, call me weird if you have to, but no digital camera ever gave me this feeling.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 1/5/2023 at 7:24 PM, leicaoptik said:

The prices for MP3 Blackpaint cameras go nuts, who expected that?

I heared about an Camera that was sold for 60.000€ that is crazy…

The ones who benefit are the traders who buy it for cheaper and sell for a higher profit. Users like us have to pay a hefty price to indulge in our passion 🤷‍♂️ 

Maybe time to design a limited edition of my own with Leica 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, leicaoptik said:

I think it is hardly possible to customize a M camera with those elements of the MP3.

I imagine @TheGodParticle/Hari is talking about commissioning a limited edition run with Leica. The MP3 is after all just a fancy MP with a different machined top-shell. Leica have reused the basic design relatively recently (2014) for the David Douglas Duncan edition. No reason (💲💰) why they couldn't be persuaded to do something similar again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, wattsy said:

I imagine @TheGodParticle/Hari is talking about commissioning a limited edition run with Leica. The MP3 is after all just a fancy MP with a different machined top-shell. Leica have reused the basic design relatively recently (2014) for the David Douglas Duncan edition. No reason (💲💰) why they couldn't be persuaded to do something similar again.

It may be harder than you think, it took quite a lot of persuading from LHSA (now LSI) to produce the MP3. Glad I bought mine from new back when they were still available.

• Like 2

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Matlock:

It may be harder than you think, it took quite a lot of persuading from LHSA (now LSI) to produce the MP3. Glad I bought mine from new back when they were still available.

Same for me, I am bought mine also new directly from Leica years ago…

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wattsy said:

Indeed, that’s my line of thought.
There are many lovely film M bodies to choose from. But when I think about my absolute favorite - for my taste - in terms of external appearance as well as functionality, I realize it doesn’t exist. 

As Ferdinand Porsche said:

• I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself. ...
  • Like 3

• 7 months later...
On 2/23/2009 at 8:41 AM, TimF said:

I love this camera - unfortunately I haven't tracked one down at an acceptable price.

Will this beauty do for now! 50th Anniversary Anthracite MP with Summarex.

Where is the battery cover?

• Like 1

vor 52 Minuten schrieb kivis:

Where is the battery cover?

at the same place as it is on a M6

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by leicaoptik
  • Like 2