I love my MP3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

it is time to start a thread for MP3- owners.

I love my black beauty- she makes the pleasant for our coming baby much greater!

Where are the other 999 black and silver relatives?

Perhaps we can see some here...

Philip

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Well, we've posted them on the MP thread previously...but I will throw this one up again.

• Like 5

I love this camera - unfortunately I haven't tracked one down at an acceptable price. :rolleyes:

Will this beauty do for now! :D 50th Anniversary Anthracite MP with Summarex.

• Like 3

Well, we've posted them on the MP thread previously...but I will throw this one up again.

I have the chrome one, with the 1.4/50 ASPH LHSA and Leicavit.

I see you have one of the most sought after M lenses of all, the 35mm ASPHERICAL. I trust you are aware of the market value of this lens now.

I have the chrome one, with the 1.4/50 ASPH LHSA and Leicavit.

I see you have one of the most sought after M lenses of all, the 35mm ASPHERICAL. I trust you are aware of the market value of this lens now.

Ivar, I'm not exactly sure of the current market value right now. I typically see a buy it now price of $6800 USD from one specific vendor on ebay, and I have yet to see a bid at that price. Could be the economy, or it may be worth closer to $5000 USD. I know I got it for a decent amount less than the price of a new 35/1.4 asph.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Market value is $5000-6000 I guess, depending upon the condition and if you have box and papers. For $6800 the lens should me mint in box with papers.

I have a "new" and unused one in box with papers. I was offered $6000 for it, but will not sell.

It is somewhat hard to explain in economics that owners are not willing to dispose of their belongings for a higher price than they themselves would be willing to pay.

Market-shmarket, just use the damn thing.

Shot 1/2 an hour ago..

Edited by KM-25
  • Like 6

Market-shmarket, just use the damn thing...

Lol...some people collect baseball cards, others Leica gear. It's not a bad thing for Leica actually when they can sell everything they make in a run, regardless of who commisoned it.

I use what I have, nothing gets coddled. I'm cool with people collecting the stuff if they want to though.

Market-shmarket, just use the damn thing.

Shot 1/2 an hour ago..

Yep, this is my walk-around with the 35.

Shot 5 mins. ago... :D

• Like 4

I love this camera - unfortunately I haven't tracked one down at an acceptable price. :rolleyes:

Will this beauty do for now! :D 50th Anniversary Anthracite MP with Summarex.

Tim

I don't know what you mean by 'an acceptable price' but ffordes photographic : Main Index have a new Anthracite MP with Leicavit for 2,699 GBP. Seems good to me as it's only 200 more than a normal MP.

Hope this helps.

Simon

Hi everyone! I never made it to own an MP3! I only have an MP "classic" (MP without the lighmeter)

I can very clearly recall the 40th anniversary "M3", a kind of direct predecessor, since I entered an antique shop for modernist 20th century furniture in Zurich at its time and there it sat, right on the owner`s desk, a bit puzzled I asked about it, because it already looked having been actually "USED" in its very short lifespan. The answer was quite "frank"! (pun not intended , but here it is :) Hey we are talking "Swiss") "I just use it,- I don`t care about collecting!" or words to that respect. Quite remarkable at a time when it was listed at about 9000 Swissfrancs (????, please correct me , if I`m wrong!) I felt rather foolish about asking, I must say! But this guy was cool!

Leica M6J

Best regards Wolfhard

Mine (BP) is not with me right now, but I can honestly say out of all the leicas I have handled or owned this one has the most incredible draw. I just love using it and far prefer the framelines over the standard ones. Mine is getting good use, but I left it at home to put some time into a 0.58 body.

I sold the matching Summilux as I rarely use 50mm and far prefer that Fl on 0.85 bodies. As much as I feel daft breaking up the set, it did allow the purchase of a Mamiya 7 kit which produced more images in a couple of trips than the 50 lux ever did. The body and the Leicavit are to stay, however.

There is nothing to touch it.

Tim

I don't know what you mean by 'an acceptable price' but ffordes photographic : Main Index have a new Anthracite MP with Leicavit for 2,699 GBP. Seems good to me as it's only 200 more than a normal MP.

Hope this helps.

Simon

Morning Simon,

Indeed - that's where my anthracite MP came from. :) A bargain at the only-slightly-more-than regular-cost-and-actually-cheaper-if-Leicavit-factored-in price.

The 'acceptable price' reference was to the MP3. There was one on 'the auction site' yesterday (body only, and I don't recall whether it even had the Leicavit), but it got bought using Buy it Now whilst I pondered matters.

Morning Simon,

Indeed - that's where my anthracite MP came from. :) A bargain at the only-slightly-more-than regular-cost-and-actually-cheaper-if-Leicavit-factored-in price.

The 'acceptable price' reference was to the MP3. There was one on 'the auction site' yesterday (body only, and I don't recall whether it even had the Leicavit), but it got bought using Buy it Now whilst I pondered matters.

It didn't have the Leicavit and it went for $5,750..:eek:

It does seem a bit excessive but I'll bet the buyer will leave it in the box for a few years and then sell it. Pity. Tim there were also two silver MP3s for sale on eBay but if you're looking for a black one it's a good idea to tell a few dealers that you WTB (want to buy). I live in the U.S. so Rich Pinto at Photo Village and Tony Rose at Popflash come to mind. It is definitely worth a try as you don't see the black ones for sale too much any more. I stumbled across mine at my local dealer here in Boston. It was worth the Massachusetts sales tax I had to pay... ;)

It didn't have the Leicavit and it went for $5,750..:eek:

The MP3 solitary is theoretical rarer than the set. There are altogether 1000 pieces (500 black and 500 silver), 125 of them are solitary, Leicavit, objective or body, sold, (375 sold as sets)

I had mine, body only, bp, directly bought from Leica. I have a number startet with 302 an then 7xxx, not 3026xxx, as I have seen so far.

So good luck to find a bp- beauty...

Philip

MP-3 users, is it normal, that the bottom line of the 50mm frame is very brief / interrupted?

i'm really wondering what the hell this is about? it's far away from the LEDs and so wouldn't be necessary at all.

Yes, this is normal and Leica says it is because of the LEDs.

Greetings Philip