"Do you know the world ?" -- Competition --

T00m

Michael

We are certainly not in Nevada, but you are getting even closer! :)

The answer I'm looking for isnt the name of a town or even a state, but the name of the geographical area. Generally speaking, this "area" is significantly smaller than something like the "Rocky Mountains", but of its geographical type, it is one of the largest in the United States, but not the largest.  I believe this area is roughly the same size as a state like Ohio or New York.

Hope that isnt too much of a hint.

Regards,

Phil

Stuart,

We're about ~500mi driving distance away from the 4-corners in that photo.

As an additional hint, I would say to compare my location to where I might be flying in the US. I was traveling for work, so it's some place with a significant amount of business and industry and traffic. Drawing a straight line between my hometown and this city goes over some of the most amazing National Parks, geographical features, and even some notable man-made structures. With that line and the 500mi hint from the corners, it should be pretty easy to find now.

Best regards,

Phil

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Michael

Wrong direction.

Also, after some more research on my part, this geographical area is both in SW Nevada and SW Utah (barely), but where this photo was taken is not in either of those two states' airspace. In addition to those two states, this area is in two more states (for a total of 4). In this picture, I was flying over the state in which has the majority of this geographical area.

So I'm afraid I have to apologize for answering negative to this being in Nevada and Utah before if that put some people off the trail. 

Hopefully that helps narrow this down further.

Best regards,

Phil

Edited by pechelman

Surprised it's still my turn. Really thought this one would go pretty quick.

Does this require another hint?

To compile what we have so far;

Looking for the name of a geographical area about the size of Ohio or NY.

Part of this area is barely within the borders of UT and slightly more is within the borders of Nevada.

The remaining area lies within 2 other states. 

This picture was taken from an airplane that was headed from Denver to some place with lots of industry, business, and traffic. (hint hint)

A straight line connecting Denver to this desitnation crosses over this area including some other very notable National Parks, National Monuments, Recreational Areas, and man-made structure. I was appx ~500mi away from the 4 corners when I took this in the plane.

Additional hints, this picture is looking mostly South since I was sitting on the port side of the plane and is probably the last thing you see from high cruising altitude before starting the descent into the destination airport.

alright

im starting to run out of good ones to use

here's one that I took this afternoon on my way home

there are a few big clues in this photo. should go pretty quick I would think.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• jaapv unpinned and pinned this topic