"Do you know the world ?" -- Competition --

T00m

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Only slightly harder in b&w for this scene. I have a color version, and while this location is known for some colorful rocks, it isnt nearly as colorful as some of the surrounding areas.

Having said that, this isnt the Rockies or Montana, but it is on the same continent.

edit: thought i should also attach the color that my friend took with this FOUR megapixel digital camera

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by pechelman
  • Like 1

Yosemite, Sierra Nevada?

Nope, not in CA.

Hello Phil,

1 spot that is not closer or further from California or Northern Mexico is Arizona.

Could this be a photo of somewhere in Arizona?

Best Regards,

Michael

Not Arizona either, but that's definitely closer to this picture than either CA or NM. 

Surely this gives away the state, but now we're looking for where I am exactly in the state.

If it helps, this picture was taken from maybe the quintessential or maybe most famous hike in the area.  

Not there, Stuart.

As a reminder, we've narrowed this down to being in the state of UTAH about 104 miles from page via google driving directions.

The other hint is about the "head of a pin". Which, if you search that phrase in google, gives you one of the names of the name of the peak.

With that one name and "UTAH" one will find the name of this place. 

Ill give one more hint though, because it sounds like it might be needed, this is a national park.

Sorry for giving such a hard one. I really thought this one was relatively easy given how famous this hike \ view are inside this national park.

• jaapv unpinned and pinned this topic