Use a 135 mm TeleElmar on a M8?

ron_a

Ron,

Yes you can. The downside is that there are no frame lines for a 135 so you have to practice a bit. The rule of thumb is that the lens covers approx twice the size of the range finder patch. I use min occasionally on the M8 the results are great when you hit focus and framing. There are shots posted here where the 135 has been used, I suggest you do a search to see what you find.

- Carl

Pres the button of the lens release and overrotate it; that cannot harm the camera and is of no influence on focussing accuracy (these lenses have an internal cam) but it will bring up the 90 mm framelines, which are fairly good for 135 mm. Use a magnifier for accurate focussing. It is a d**m good lens:)

Or buy a Elmarit f/2.8 with eyes/goggles and you don't have to over rotate or worry about framing.

This shots was taken with one at Turner field.

[ATTACH]102671[/ATTACH]

I had mine coded and adjusted.

Hi, I was wondering if you get the 135mm in your exif data. I hand coded mine but i get always the 90mm. I would appreciate it if you could send me the coding sequence on your lens.

Thanks in advance.

Volker

Volker,

If you have a screw on the bayonet flange where the coding goes and your lens is reporting it self as a 90 Elmarit (Thin) it is because of the screw head causing the reader to register "black" from it and the the pen you've used might does not work properly. I've seen reports from people here that filling the screw head with white correction fluid (Tip-Ex) helps.

- Carl

Or buy a Elmarit f/2.8 with eyes/goggles and you don't have to over rotate or worry about framing.

This shots was taken with one at Turner field.

[ATTACH]102671[/ATTACH]

I had mine coded and adjusted.

Nice photo. What section was that taken from?

I miss going to those games. It was always a great time...

Bigfeet