Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Attention to detail.

Just a shot of the rewind lever on the M2. The little details we take for granted. My MP has the same detail. My M6 has only a half dome instead of the stepped dome. Not a big deal to the operation, but its the little things.....

Edited by mori335
  • Like 3

Mine, for now: 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Just today received an M2 - my first. Bought it from fellow member Pico - there's a photo of it in his devlish post #666. What a glorious camera! I'm surprised to see how much smaller it is than my M6TTLs, and I think it's a tad heavier too. But just a beautiful little jewel of a camera that I look forward to using a lot.

Also, I'd like to give a shout out to Pico - what a gentleman in every way he transacted the sale. Thank you sincerely, Pico.

• Like 5

Just today received an M2 - my first. Bought it from fellow member Pico - there's a photo of it in his devlish post #666. What a glorious camera! I'm surprised to see how much smaller it is than my M6TTLs, and I think it's a tad heavier too. But just a beautiful little jewel of a camera that I look forward to using a lot.

Also, I'd like to give a shout out to Pico - what a gentleman in every way he transacted the sale. Thank you sincerely, Pico.

Phil , congrats and enjoy your camera and good photos

No battery and no dust on sensor , you'll sleep better at night 

Meet you in "I like film's" thread with your M2 :)

Best

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 1

Phil , congrats and enjoy your camera and good photos

No battery and no dust on sensor , you'll sleep better at night 

Meet you in "I like film's" thread with your M2 :)

Best

Henry

Thanks a lot Doc - I'm looking most forward to getting a roll or two through it and if any of those pictures are up to scratch I'll be sure to post them in "I like film". And it's true - one does sleep better when using film.

Edited by stray cat
  • Like 1

A very nice looking camera, congratulations, Phil. I've had my eyes on an M2, too, but I'm not sure I could justify a third M alongside my TTL and M4. It's true what you write that the little size difference between the TTL and the early Ms is actually noticeable in the hand. 

br

Philip

• Like 1

Phil is just the person I always hope for when paying forward. His new M2 is remarkable. Those button-rewind models are great. Tiny! Sure, no smaller than a later M2, but with the compact 35mm lens it is truly a pocket camera. It warms my heart to know the world is just a bit better today than yesterday within what we can do.

I'm going to be divesting a lot of photo 'stuff' in the same spirit, but only a couple Leicas (black paint M2 & M4). I will try to sell through this forum.

Peace,

Pico

Edited by pico
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Back in 1982 as a young high school student I decided I wanted a Leica M one day, but then the need for an SLR followed by the need for a DSLR took over, why pay Leica prices for something my consumer Konicas and Nikons could do just as well?

Then I bought a C-Lux 2 and liked it.

Then I bought a D-Lux 109, and really liked it.

Then I decided maybe I should buy a real Leica and bought a IIIa.

Then I bought an Elmar red scale.

Then I bought a Leica III.

At this point  realised  I was hooked and may as well just go ahead and buy the camera I decided I wanted back in 1983. I think this is probably the best camera I have ever owned: M2, dual range Summicron, Leicameter MR and quick load kit.

• Like 4

Back in 1982 as a young high school student I decided I wanted a Leica M one day, but then the need for an SLR followed by the need for a DSLR took over, why pay Leica prices for something my consumer Konicas and Nikons could do just as well?

Then I bought a C-Lux 2 and liked it.

Then I bought a D-Lux 109, and really liked it.

Then I decided maybe I should buy a real Leica and bought a IIIa.

Then I bought an Elmar red scale.

Then I bought a Leica III.

At this point  realised  I was hooked and may as well just go ahead and buy the camera I decided I wanted back in 1983. I think this is probably the best camera I have ever owned: M2, dual range Summicron, Leicameter MR and quick load kit.

Inescapable spiral really.

Good to see you gave in.

Enjoy.

Gary

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my gosh, a fellow member whom I shall not name without his permission sold me a rare black Abrahamsson RapidWinder for the M2. It arrived today. It is 1% less than mint. I am floored, humbled and very grateful and a bit flummoxed. On the one hand it works so well on my black button-rewind M2 that the M2 should be used, on the other-hand the black button-rewind black M2 is (apparently) priced on the moon! Insane. Then I remember what my oncologist said, "You should consider in your plans how long you are going to live." Brutal, but liberating.

(I used white lacquer to fill the lettering.)

Here is to Tom Abrahamsson. RIP. A beautiful engineer.

rapidwinder-m2-1.jpg

Edited by pico
  • Like 7