Digilux 2 serial numbers and sensor failure

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that Leica Solms are still replacing the sensors as warranty work, for cameras with serial number below 3000xxx.

My Digilux 2 is there now, having the work done.

I have to say that I'm tremendously impressed with the quality of Leica's customer service and their excellent communications. I've been dealing with XX and she's been exceptionally helpful, even sending a UPS shipping label for free shipment to Solms.

Ernst

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thank you to everyone for the wonderful and informative information on the Digilux 2.

I'm looking forward to purchasing my first Digilux 2 but wondering if anyone with a replacement sensor had any additional failure?

I've reached out to Leica and they are still replacing the sensor free of charge the original unit hasn't been replaced. Once Leica has replaced the original sensor, the future issue is at the consumer's cost.

Any feedbacks from the replaced sensor owners?

... but wondering if anyone with a replacement sensor had any additional failure? ...

The sensor on one of my Digilux 2's was replaced before I bought it and I've had no problems during the 3 years of owning it. The new sensors would be unlikely to fail in the same way because they're free of the flaw that Sony identified in the ones that did fail.

Pete.

• Like 1

9 months after replacement, my new sensor is still fine.

Ernst

The sensor on one of my Digilux 2's was replaced before I bought it and I've had no problems during the 3 years of owning it. The new sensors would be unlikely to fail in the same way because they're free of the flaw that Sony identified in the ones that did fail.

Pete.

Thank you Ernst and Pete. It's good to know that I should have a trouble free experience with an updated sensor.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow, great thread!

Well, I'm about to jump in to see that this D2 deal is about for myself

Yes, I have many other cameras.

Hopefully my 2995 series camera will be great!

Thanks all

Leica,Panasonic and Sony have no sensors left.I've been looking every day for about 9 months.Cannot find a supply source.I ended up buying a lovely fully working Panasonic to strip the sensor from.Shame on meThis may interest you from a few months back.They won't sell one but are happy to "fix" it for you.

Hi  John,

Repair would cost  approximately   155 euro incl. VAT / shipping .

Met vriendelijke groeten / With kind regards/ Mit freundlichen Grüßen/ Mes meilleures salutations,

Henk Wansink

Camtech

Belgielaan 1 E

2391 PH  Hazerswoude ( ITC)

Nederland

+31(0)172230270

+31(0)172230271 fax

www.camtech.nl

www.bestellenmaar.nl

• 10 months later...

It was a sensor for a Sony F717 camera which I had to de-solder 24 pins and then solder onto the Leica PCB.The pin spacing is 0.5mm and it's a very difficult (for me) task.I am just so pleased that we don't have to throw our cameras away.

• Like 1