Leica Spotting

leitz_not_leica

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Here's a still from the film Shutter:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polly Samson, the wife of David Gilmour (Pink Floyd) is using a Leica MP Edition Hermes :rolleyes: to take pictures of her husband.

I meet them when I had the assignment to take pictures of the gold/platinum-ceremony for "On An Island", "David Gilmour In Concert" and "Pulse DVD" in Munich 29.07.2006.

She can also be seen on Disc 2 of "Remember That Night" a DVD-Set on the 2007 Tour of Davis Gilmour. She accompamied the whole Tour documenting everything with her Leica. BTW a great DVD and ASFAIK the last Tour of Rick Wright ...

Sometimes she uses a black one, but i wasn't able to spot out which one.

• 4 months later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

You can visit Seal.com|The Official Site and see in the blog. I can't sport which it is. Either an M8.2 or a D-Lux 4 with Luigi case?

In the CS building in Solms, there is a small picture (in fact, a computer print) showing Seal and Frau Luh, the CS´s receptionist. The picture was taken right there, when Seal visited Leica in November 2008, she said- and that Heidi´s husband had an M8. Maybe he has upgraded now....

Regards,

Stefan

Coraline - Took my son to see Coraline last night and in one scene in the film she is given a rangefinder that looked just like a Leica M3--down to the window configuration, advance lever, etc. Disappointingly, when she snapped away with it (and you could see through the viewfinder from her POV--no RF patch), it flashed (!).

Midnight Meat Train - Photographer uses a few Leicas throughout--he's a street shooter. Consensus is that he's using a blacked/taped M4-P.

Thanks -Will

Polly Samson, the wife of David Gilmour (Pink Floyd) is using a Leica MP Edition Hermes :rolleyes: to take pictures of her husband.

If I had the money, I'd shoot with a Hermes Leica. I like the way they look. But then my daughter would probably want a Hermes saddle and my wife a Kelly bag so it's probably better that I don't have the money.

Chad

• 6 months later...
Last night watched the recent remake of Omen --- seemed an appropriate choice for Halloween. Anyway, the photog in it (whose images show the spear of light predicting doom for the subject) carried an M around his neck in addition to Nikon SLR gear. Can't recall seeing him put the M to his eye during the film, but it was easily recognizable by the shape and red dot.

The movie itself doesn't compare too well to the original. They found an equally creepy child to play Damien (a necessity, of course), but Liev Schrieber is no Gregory Peck.

Jeff.

------

yes i've seen that.

the new one pales by comparrison.

the original is better in every respect.

every scene. (the baboon scene in the original was authentic i read.

so it was real fear).

i guess it's why they changed the entire scene, to a gorilla.

There was an M8 in that godawful Brothers in Sisters TV series - you know the one where all the rich Kennedy-esque dynasties mope around complaining about how rich they are? One of the girls developed an interest in photography for the given episode's plot and BAM, an M8. Because everyone can afford them. It made the generic auto-winding SLR shutter noise that's been used in films since the 70s. Shame shame shame.

New movie "All About Steve" to be released soon has a dude snapping away with an M of some sort.

Saw the trailer, had no time to identify the model.

I had a look at the trailer on the Apple site. And he's certainly using an M camera for a few seconds. But it's the shot before which shows the view through his camera which is exciting. Surely this must be the first sighting of and through the M9! Some very exciting viewfinder technology for an M.

Andrew

...I'm pretty certain I saw her wind the film with the lever when she shot Natalie Portman. Hmmm :confused:.

She shoots Clive Owen's character with an M6ttl also (not in studio, but in the scene outside the aquarium). I think in one scene she uses the motor drive, and in the other the advance lever. So my recollection is that they got that right.

Jeff.

Edited by miami91
correction of rewind lever to advance lever

In Batman the dark knight, Christian Bale uses an M8

Guest WPalank
New movie "All About Steve" to be released soon has a dude snapping away with an M of some sort.

Saw the trailer, had no time to identify the model.

M8 or M8.2