I Love My M6!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My little Panda :-)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

Milkman, the M6 was produced in huge numbers, there are plenty out there. If you are willing to go for a user model and look around, they can be cheap too. I paid A$700 for mine.

I'm curios what don't you like about the CL? I've never used one, I'm just curious.

We love our M6's here, can I suggest you look in the "I love my CL and hate my M6" thread?!!![emoji1]

Cheers,

Michael

Where did you find this deal? ;-)

That's a fantastic price if in great condition! Congrats!

You have one hell of a task now though to find the 35/1.4 ASPH, 50/1.4 Summilux and 90/2.8 Elmarit-M in Ti finish that came with the M6 Ti to match ;-)

Here is all one would ever need with a M6:

23342323036_bb1c789ef3_b.jpgL1055684-M9 Digital Camera--for_flickr by teknopunk.com, on Flickr

This camera body is my very first Leica, that started it all …

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...

My first roll is back. As a test I chose a C-41, Agfa Vista 400. This was taken with a 35mmf/1.4 FLE.

I'm happy with almost every shot. It's nice to be back with film and yes, I love my M6.

Edited by ShivaYash
  • Like 7

Morning assembly at a Performing Arts School in Chennai, India. Shot on Velvia 50 - perhaps not the ideal medium given the subject matter...

M6TTL, 35Lux FLE

• Like 5

Morning assembly at a Performing Arts School in Chennai, India. Shot on Velvia 50 - perhaps not the ideal medium given the subject matter...

M6TTL, 35Lux FLE

I like your choice of perspective. I like that you got down lower than just standing there (too often that happens.) and I like that you have a foreground object (the guy sitting on the right) and a middle ground object (the guy sitting on the left) and then the people in the middle.

Happy New Year.

About 10 mins of this year left.

Just wanted to enthuse about a wonderful afternoon I had where I plucked up the courage to remove the top plate of my M6.

Cleaned up the inside of the finder window as well as the front of the window lens itself.

Since getting it the finder has bugged me with dirt and dust so it is a revelation now looking through it.

Gary

• Like 3

Ah, what a difference a day makes. Wet New Years Day, so no flying for me.

Bugged by the white lines across the scans when using my Minolta 5400 I removed the top cover again (I did this a few weeks back, with small success).

Plan was to use the blower brush again to see if I could shift/remove the pieces of dust that were giving me white lines across my scans.

Slipped the cover back on after a bit of blowing, and tried it. Powered up, but didn't complete the calibration routine and won't talk now to Vuescan.

Off with the top cover again, and see what is causing this. I had knocked off one small connector near the front, where a foot from the cover attaches. I think I have also crimped the wires near this connector.

On with the connector, but still no progress, it powers up, but won't finish the calibration process.

I'm stumped, and fresh out of ideas. Plus I don't think there is any repair facilities in this area, if at all.

Might be a throw away item now, parts or similar.

Darn.

Gary

Ah, what a difference a day makes. Wet New Years Day, so no flying for me.

Bugged by the white lines across the scans when using my Minolta 5400 I removed the top cover again (I did this a few weeks back, with small success).

Plan was to use the blower brush again to see if I could shift/remove the pieces of dust that were giving me white lines across my scans.

Slipped the cover back on after a bit of blowing, and tried it. Powered up, but didn't complete the calibration routine and won't talk now to Vuescan.

Off with the top cover again, and see what is causing this. I had knocked off one small connector near the front, where a foot from the cover attaches. I think I have also crimped the wires near this connector.

On with the connector, but still no progress, it powers up, but won't finish the calibration process.

I'm stumped, and fresh out of ideas. Plus I don't think there is any repair facilities in this area, if at all.

Might be a throw away item now, parts or similar.

Darn.

Gary

Bad news Gary.

Really it is broken or what are pieces that are only poorly placed  ?

Have you a CS in NZ for the scanner ?

If not,  try to get a Nikon scan second hand if it's possible

It costs around 400- 500 Euros

http://www.summilux.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=75171

Rg

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 1

M6TTL, 35Lux FLE

Ramesh I love this color very vivid , soft and warm.

I posted some velvia in the thread "I like film" in "Other"

No equivalence with sensors

Best

Henry

Edited by Doc Henry
  • Like 1