Selecting the Typ 109 rear screen to be off

Is there any way I can set the D-Lux Type 109 so that when switched on it will activate the electronic viewfinder but not the LCD screen? Best regards, Doug

Go to MENU--->Custom--->Eye Sensor (last item on p. 9). There you choose from "EVF/MON Auto" the position "EVF".

That's all.

Andreas

Edited by Andreas Braun

Thanks for that info. I'd looked up every reference to the display that I could find in White's 'Photographer's Guide to the Leica D-Lux' without finding what I was looking for.

Struggling to master the complex menu structure of the Typ 109 is enough to make one lust for a Leica M-D! I know one highly experienced Leica user who gave up trying to cope with the menus and rear buttons, and sold his Typ 109. There are more than 20 pages of menu settings, and it is too easy for one's fingers to brush the rear buttons and introduce unwanted changes in how the camera is working. The only method I've found for rapidly cancelling such unwanted changes is to switch the camera off then on so that it reverts to my stored custom settings.

Best regards,

Doug

Thanks for that info. I'd looked up every reference to the display that I could find in White's 'Photographer's Guide to the Leica D-Lux' without finding what I was looking for. Struggling to master the complex menu structure of the Typ 109 is enough to make one lust for a Leica M-D! I know one highly experienced Leica user who gave up trying to cope with the menus and rear buttons, and sold his Typ 109. There are more than 20 pages of menu settings, and it is too easy for one's fingers to brush the rear buttons and introduce unwanted changes in how the camera is working. The only method I've found for rapidly cancelling such unwanted changes is to switch the camera off then on so that it reverts to my stored custom settings. Best regards, Doug

Glad having been of help.

My search wasn't difficult at all: just looked into the D-Lux (Type 109) instructions manual which is very clearly arranged. Your question is answered on page 55 to be easily accessed via the overview on page 2.

White's book is a highly recommended addition but loooking for particular features the instruction manual is more constructive.

Andreas

Edited by Andreas Braun
  • Like 1

Alas, Leica did not see fit to include a paper copy of the manual, and packing a large ring binder filled with 300 pages of printout when heading off on assignment or holiday was never a viable option. So I opted to buy White's book, and had forgotten that a large electronic-format manual was available to supplement the very inadequate paper manual that shipped with the camera.