The Leica Forum uses cookies. Read the privacy statement for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    OK, understood.

Photo
- - - - -

Price Increase S007

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 albertknappmd

albertknappmd

Afficionado

• Members
  • 884 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • City / Ort:New York

Posted 23 April 2017 - 18:08

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

I gave up second guessing Wetzlar's motives and plans years ago...

I agree that the next iteration needs a 50-70 MP sensor..

Albert  :)  :)  :)

#22 Photoskeptic

Photoskeptic

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Premium Member
  • 1,949 posts
  • City / Ort:Folly Beach, SC

Posted 24 April 2017 - 20:32

I find the S increase interesting. Several things have popped up recently while randomly cruising the web: 1) Leica Miami does not have a single new S in stock, 2) Lloyd Chambers (whom I do not follow) has stated "...the S system (now defunct)".

Make of these what you will but something seems to be afoot. I sincerely hope Leica does not abandon the S concept.

www.johnbrewton.zenfolio.com

#23 JorisV

JorisV

Neuer Benutzer

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 23:33

I find the S increase interesting. Several things have popped up recently while randomly cruising the web: 1) Leica Miami does not have a single new S in stock, 2) Lloyd Chambers (whom I do not follow) has stated "...the S system (now defunct)".

Make of these what you will but something seems to be afoot. I sincerely hope Leica does not abandon the S concept.

Leica Store Miami does have the S007 in stock now together with 15 of the 16 (CS and non-CS) lenses.  I don't believe you can deduce anything from that.

#24 R3D-D0T

R3D-D0T

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:23

Terrible detectives :P

• Photoskeptic said thank you to this

#25 erlingmm

erlingmm

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 619 posts
  • City / Ort:Oslo

Posted Yesterday, 18:45

Heard from my dealer in Oslo today that they had 2 orders for S007, waiting for Leica to deliver. So, demand still higher than supply, it seems.

- ErlingMM
Edelknipser

#26 Jeff S

Jeff S

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 9,977 posts

Posted Yesterday, 19:22

Heard from my dealer in Oslo today that they had 2 orders for S007, waiting for Leica to deliver. So, demand still higher than supply, it seems.

One dealer told me he ordered 6 of them in advance of the price increase. We only know dealer to dealer; I'd be reluctant to generalize about overall supply or demand.

Jeff

#27 R3D-D0T

R3D-D0T

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted Today, 01:28

One dealer told me he ordered 6 of them in advance of the price increase. We only know dealer to dealer; I'd be reluctant to generalize about overall supply or demand.

Jeff

Interesting... who is the market for S today?

#28 bilbrown

bilbrown

Neuer Benutzer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • City / Ort:Los Angeles

Posted Today, 07:48

I have one on order and its been a month. So who knows...

#29 ynp

ynp

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted Today, 09:29

Interesting... who is the market for S today?

Maybe those who love the experience of a great optical viewfinder and don't need 100s of megapixels?

#30 xiaubauu2009

xiaubauu2009

Neuer Benutzer

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted Today, 09:41

for my part, my interest will only peak when Leica drop their price to be about the same price of the X1D... like what they did with the S006 at one time around the time of the S007 early sales... But then again, the lens is still very very expensive...

0 user(s) are reading this topic