Directional pad loose

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello everyone,

I am the proud owner of my first Leica camera, the Q. So far I'm very impressed with this gem of a camera but one thing is bothering me. I've noticed the direction pad makes a disconcerting (and quite loud) rattle/vibration sound when released. Has anyone else noticed this?

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about (just my OCD kicking in) but it feels out of character for such a well made product...

What is a directional pad?

Take a look at the post titled; "Q lens rattles, is it normal?!". Might this be your issue too? There are several similar posts and responses are all reassuring  :)

Edited by Speenth

What is a directional pad?

Take a look at the post titled; "Q lens rattles, is it normal?!". Might this be your issue too? There are several similar posts and responses are all reassuring :)

Thanks for the reply.

By the directional pad (I'm not sure if that's the correct name...) I mean the disc shaped button for navigating the menu or moving the focus point. I had a browse through other threads but I couldn't find any reference to the button sounding loose. It might be that all Leica Q cameras sound like this, it's just not something I've heard on other camera models.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk