Weather Proofing my Q !!!!???

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello Hello again everyone, so i need to figure out the best way to weather proof my Q, but i dont want to use some big bulky housing or some ridiculous cover. 

Do any of you fine people know any thing or have any info on the best ways to go about doing this? 

im heading out on some work trips and its going to be very DUSTY, humid and rainy in one of the locations, and while im not afraid to shoot in the rain and such, i just want to know if we have any options. (other than use a different camera)

Thank you all in advance. 

ian 

I'm not an expert on this, but one thing that is always mentioned are those mic holes in the top of the body for sound. i've seen others talk about taping them over with gaffer tape. For sure, you dont want rain to get in there. the body and the lens can take quite a bit of wetness but those holes are like an open wound for water and fine dust!

I'm not an expert on this, but one thing that is always mentioned are those mic holes in the top of the body for sound. i've seen others talk about taping them over with gaffer tape. For sure, you dont want rain to get in there. the body and the lens can take quite a bit of wetness but those holes are like an open wound for water and fine dust!

+1, I'm not an expert either, but if I'm in wet conditions, the first thing I do is cover the mic holes with gaffer tape.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The first thing I do is take a less expensive weather resistant camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

um THANKS FOR YOUR very thought provoking feedback...  i will just say to hell with my very good camera that i NEED TO USE and opt for something else. 

anyway.. everyone else thank you. funny enough my camera is already taped. and i will look into those options from BH thank you all. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

https://leicarumors.com/2017/03/26/subal-underwater-housings-for-leica-q-and-sl-cameras.aspx/

• Like 1