I caved in and bought an FLE

w44neg

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I can't understand problems with field curvature; whenever have you taken a picture with everything you want to present one distance from the sensor? If your target is a group of people standing in an arc, the last thing you want is a flat field. Is it just something which can be measured or am I missing the point?

Well, I sometimes put the subject off of the center and it happened to me that when I moved the camera slightly left and down for example the subject end up out of focus. Of course, this is sometimes my own mistake but FC contributes to it as well.

You're a lucky film guy my friend. Harsh bokeh is hidden by grain there i suspect ;). Just kidding. I can't seem to have kept bokeh pics out of the 35/1.4 FLE besides that one but i don't recall if i shot at f/2 or f/2.8 then. 

attachicon.gifM2404273_c1si_02_web.jpg

I mostly shoot wide open, but when not and have OOF background like this, few strokes in LR transforms it to a pleasant background. 

Well, I sometimes put the subject off of the center and it happened to me that when I moved the camera slightly left and down for example the subject end up out of focus. Of course, this is sometimes my own mistake but FC contributes to it as well.

All these problems can be solved by a camera with an EVF, of course. :ph34r:

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Anyway, in short, I find the 35mm Summilux ASPH FLE to be a superb general purpose lens. It's flexible, useful, and capable of stunning results. I'm sure you'll love it.

Agreed! 

Rob

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

35 1.4 fle

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

What I was trying to say is that whatever shape the field of focus has, your subject is unlikely to lie along it.

That's right, as long as you are not into reproduction of two dimensional objects. Just consider that also in real life a lens without field curvature is easier to predict to most people. Having said that, I never really cared too much about these things. The FLE is certainly one of my few lenses I will never sell.

• Like 1

That's right, as long as you are not into reproduction of two dimensional objects. Just consider that also in real life a lens without field curvature is easier to predict to most people. Having said that, I never really cared too much about these things. The FLE is certainly one of my few lenses I will never sell.

I feel the same way about my non-FLE 35 Lux ASPH. It is the can't fail lens for me. Always brings back superb images, and never had an issue with focus shift, so I saw no need to update for the FLE.

• Like 1