1:2.5/12.5cm Hektor - lens head

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The Visoflex was a completely outdated system - before digital M cameras came. Then it got "trendy". Since the introduction of Liveview it beame a very usable system (you don't even need a Visoflex for it...). I think this lead to a very steep price increase for different adapters. 

I can use the 200mm Telyt or the 125mm Hector without any further devices than a simple TXBOO. I got this years ago when it was attached to the Telyt, but it didn't make much sense, since I couldnt use a proper finder with it. Suddenly it became very helpful. If I tried to find a TXBOO now... :rolleyes:

Hello UliWer,

I replaced a Visoflex with a Minolta 101 & appropriate adapters, etc, in the 1980's. Everything still works fine today.

Best Regards,

Michael

Edited by Michael Geschlecht

I can use the 200mm Telyt or the 125mm Hector without any further devices than a simple TXBOO. I got this years ago when it was attached to the Telyt, but it didn't make much sense, since I couldnt use a proper finder with it. Suddenly it became very helpful. If I tried to find a TXBOO now... :rolleyes:

There is a decent Novoflex alternative (but needs the OUBIO)

... and in my house... :) as you say, only the leather belt ought to be changed... but problem is that none at my home would use it, I think... :(

Hello Luigi,

The leather belt is easy to change. Just overlap the 2 ends of the belt after pulling it thru the mechanism & cut it with a pair of scissors where the ends overlap. Then push the copper staple thru near where the 2 ends now meet & bend the staple so it is at, or just below, the surface the leather.

You could mention to anyone who might consider using it that these types of machines (Which existed from the middle of the 19th Century until the early 20th Century, when the same machines began to be powered by electric motors in place of treadles.) are often bought by costume designers for the movies & for the theater because many people who make period clothing find that the period clothing that they make with treadle powered machines hangs more realistically than the same clothing does when it is made on electrically powered machines.

Best Regards,

Michael

Edited by Michael Geschlecht
  • Like 1