Manual Focus / Zeiss ZM 35mm 2.8

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Due to one helpful advice on this forum, I received my Biogon 35mm 2.8 together with the novoflex adaptor today. 

The lens is very, very good. It reminds me of the Contax Zeiss Biogons.

However, I could not find a zoom or focus magnifier on the T. Am I missing something? I understand that the T does not have focus peaking, but how do you focus manually?

I did not get the EV because it seems to be out of stock, so I am using the back display which is quite cumbersome.  

Anyway, I'm very happy with the combination. I also have the summicron 23mm and I am not sure if I want to keep both. Both are excellent.

Many thanks in advance

W. 

I switched to the Leica adapter from the Novoflex because of the issue you mention on the T, I could not get focus magnification with Novoflex but could with the Leica Adapter. The other issue with the Novoflex adapter is the phone app, the Leica adapter solved it.    

I also use my Zeiss 35mm on the T,  a beautiful combination.  Once focus magnification works properly the need for peaking is not necessary.    

• Like 1

Left or right wheel control when turned will bring up the on screen wheel selections, the left screen wheel control when pressed will show a menu, select magnification (focus aid on) from the six choices available.  You do not need the EVF, you will see this on the camera monitor.  

• Like 1