Sinair Adapter for S007

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just noticed on Leica Rumors that there is a new adapter out for the Leica S007 to mate up with a Sinclair P Here My mate in KL offered me a Sinclair P just a few months back when I was in the market for a large format camera and I ended up buying a Wisner 4 x 5.....................should have bought the Sinclair instead.

Anyway I want one, need one and want to know where I can buy one.............any ideas who have them??

Neil

The Sinar (note the spelling) adapter was announced over three years ago , look at the date on the link you posted. The P1/2/3 are studio cameras rather than excelling at location use, the original P is chrome which is a disaster in the studio! P2 and P3 were black and more refined. Due to them being designed for 5"x4" the available lenses are quite long, a 90mm wide angle on sheet film is a short tele on the S, but for packshots and the like it would be as versatile as they come.... Have you mastered the Scheimpflug principle yet?

john

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Have you mastered the Scheimpflug principle yet?

john

Yes I have.................just can get rid of the dust

So for a field camera would you recommend a P2 or P3 and where can you get the adapters??

Neil- as John mentioned, the set up announced back in 2013 was more for studio photography rather then for field (landscape, etc.).

For landscape and shooting on location Sinar has recently introduced the S3045 digital back that uses a sensor derived from the Leica S007 sensor and that can take both Sinar large format lenses and the S lenses through an adapter. The digital back works with IanTec camera body. 

Depending on your purpose one set up could be better than the other one. 

cheers, 

Lorenzo 

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Neil- as John mentioned, the set up announced back in 2013 was more for studio photography rather then for field (landscape, etc.).

For landscape and shooting on location Sinar has recently introduced the S3045 digital back that uses a sensor derived from the Leica S007 sensor and that can take both Sinar large format lenses and the S lenses through an adapter. The digital back works with IanTec camera body. 

Depending on your purpose one set up could be better than the other one. 

cheers, 

Lorenzo 

Thanks

But you are rather limited with lenses on the short end. 35mm I think is the shortest.

There is a 28mm lens for LanTec flat camera, it has a helicoid. Many years ago I used to own that lens on my Sinar -M.

c6d5f3532d97e96a4e6ce3af6c9b6e2e.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

I am using it on a Sinar P2 with a Sinar Hasselblad adapter board and S-adapter L ...................

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1