Did you lose a piece of Leica M equip in NYC ?

bah212

no this is not a scam.. my son found a Leica item & knowing the value of it, I'm helping him try to find the owner.

I'm a long time Leica owner, M4 since new in 1975, I read this forum from time to time, but do not post because I have little to add to the discussions

Edited by bah212

Thank you bag212 and your son for posting this! On behalf of everyone who has lost a valuable thing.  I lost a Leica Dlux 4 a few months ago, never got it back so it's warming to see someone make the effort to return a lost item.  Thank god it wasn't my M but more than the thing itself it was the images gone that hurt...

P>S>  please let us know if the item makes its way back to its home.

Edited by JohnnySeven

As the title says, a piece of Leica M equipment was found in NYC.  If you can identify when, where and what it is send me a PM & we’ll arrange its return.

Not sure exactly how to proceed with this idea, but if the piece of equipment has a serial number on it, it might be possible to find the owner. The police may have a stolen item record somewhere if it was stolen and abandoned by the thief (not sure why the thief would do that, but you never know). Even better, Leica themselves may have a clue: when I brought my M9 for repair and again for sensor cleaning, they took note of the SN and they could dig up the repair record. I assume they track things they repair. So, it might be worth asking them.

Kudos on your effort anyway (I had non photo equipment stolen in the past which was a painful experience, so I like to see when other people do the right thing).