Dismount of Leics red logo

kilitxu

Hello everybody.

Does anybody know how to dismount the red logo?

Is there any video?

What tool use?

I don't like to mark my M9.

I'd like to swith to the blak one.

Thanks

O

with your thumb just start moving it by twisting it takes a while but once it heats up a bit the double sided sticky tape stuff will eventually loosen off and it will twist right off.

• Like 1

I did this with my black M9, silver M240, and black M7 (with black dots from DAG) - so much nicer than the red :-)

Other advantages of the black dot:

Much stealthier. None even notices you lifting the camera to your eye with a black dot in-situ.

B&W photographs much improved but colour photos suck.

I even went so far as to remove the M9 white lettering with a toothpick which makes the camera invisible.

:rolleyes:

Edited by MarkP

I did this with my black M9, silver M240, and black M7 (with black dots from DAG) - so much nicer than the red :-)

Other advantages of the black dot:

Much stealthier. None even notices you lifting the camera to your eye with a black dot in-situ.

B&W photographs much improved but colour photos suck.

I even went so far as to remove the M9 white lettering with a toothpick which makes the camera invisible.

:rolleyes:

Mark, I see your B&W improved with black dot. I want to improve B&W and colour,the lot.

Should I stick a dot on the back also! :p

Edited by Lord Lucan

• 3 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The best way to remove the dot is to press on the dot with your thumb, then wiggle back and forth starting with small movements as the adhesive loosens your movements will increase . Eventually there will be enough play to move the dot out from the body using a toothpick.  Don't use any kind of metal tool, this will damage the dot and the camera. Its frustrating, it seems to take too long but you will get the dot off.  Once the red dot is off you can replace it with a black one from DAG, or spray paint the red dot and  lightly sand off the raised "Leica" logo.  I also removed the white "M9" with a toothpick, the white paint just peels out.  Presto! You now have a Leica M9 Stealth Ninja camera platform.  Everyone will think you have an M8.2. You look very cool. Now go make some pictures. 

Edited by JohnnySeven