Anyone still got a 126 camera then this could be for you

Bobitybob

My wide always loves it when I put sprocket holes across her forehead. ;)

More seriously, a nice bit of innovation.

I notice LOMO has found someone who will cut and package 110-format Instamatic film for them, as well. My local lab's machine will even process the film - but can't print strips that small, they have to be gang-scanned on a flatbed. There do exist 110 film-carriers for some Nikon Coolscans, though.

Edited by adan

• 2 weeks later...

I'd have thought that there weren't many 110 or 126 cameras that had a lens good enough to waste the money on.  Especially considering how cheap second hand 135mm P&S film cameras are now.

I'll try not to remember my Kodak 126 Instamatic cameras with the plastic lenses. Although I do remember my first Kodak 110 Instamatic camera when I was a kid. Poor man's (or poor kid's) Minox. I thought I was so cool with my little Kodak spy camera.

We used to love those little disposable 4-shot flash cubes  that clipped onto the top of the Instamatic cameras. Went around triggering them by using something to flick up those little wires in the bottom of the flash to trigger it off camera.

Ah the good old days  :rolleyes: .

Then a family friend gave me his Pentax Auto 110 with the 3 lenses when I was 16 or 17. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentax_Auto_110 - a little jewel of a camera and lenses.   Then I thought I was tres cool  ^_^.

I shot print and slide film (who remembers those adapters for 110 to 35mm slides) on the Pentax for six months or so but gave up due to the primary intrinsic weakness of this and all 110 cameras -  one can only get so much image quality out of a negative a quarter the size of 35mm film.

So from then on I stuck with 35mm SLRs. 

I shot a lot of B/W on 110 :D 

For quality try:

Pentax Auto 110 with 5 prime lenses, the 18mm f/2.8, the 24mm f/2.8, the 50mm f/2.8, the 18mm, the 70mm f/2.8 telephoto and zoom, the 20-40mm f/2.8.

Rollei A110 23mm f/2.8 Tessar

Minox 110S 25mm f2.8 lens ( the last one I saw sold for £15 but that was when film was hard to find)

Canon 110E  26mm f2.7 four elements in four groups

Minolta 110 Zoom Mark II Rokkor Zoom lens 25-67mm f3.5, Multicoated

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Even with good lenses the flaw in the 126 system was film plane consistency and flatness due to variations in the cartridges and inconsistent hold back tension to keep the film flat.  Same problems in the 110 cameras compounded by smaller negative size and bigger enlargment.

• Like 1

I shot a lot of B/W on 110 :D 

For quality try:

Pentax Auto 110 with 5 prime lenses, the 18mm f/2.8, the 24mm f/2.8, the 50mm f/2.8, the 18mm, the 70mm f/2.8 telephoto and zoom, the 20-40mm f/2.8.

Rollei A110 23mm f/2.8 Tessar

Minox 110S 25mm f2.8 lens ( the last one I saw sold for £15 but that was when film was hard to find)

Canon 110E  26mm f2.7 four elements in four groups

Minolta 110 Zoom Mark II Rokkor Zoom lens 25-67mm f3.5, Multicoated

My wife used to use the Canon 110 ED. It even printed the date at the bottom of each frame. I wonder what happened to it as I don't recall selling it at any point. Probably thrown away. 

I didn't remember that Kodak made a rangefinder Instamatic.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Or a Contaflex 126....http://www.earlyphotography.co.uk/site/entry_C721.html

I don't think I'd bother buying the adaptor for a cheapo Kodak instamatic, there's plenty of cheap 35mm plastic lens cameras to use instead.

A range of lenses specifically for the one camera. It's like the SL of the 126 world!   

• Like 1

I always like an innovative solution to even the most trifling of problems but you have to really love your old 126 camera to want to bother with this. I'm struggling to think of a comparable example of an equally pointless effort – perhaps something like trying to shoehorn reel-to-reel audio tape into a dictaphone cassette? 

I always like an innovative solution to even the most trifling of problems but you have to really love your old 126 camera to want to bother with this. I'm struggling to think of a comparable example of an equally pointless effort – perhaps something like trying to shoehorn reel-to-reel audio tape into a dictaphone cassette? 

How about building adapters to enable 120 film to be used in a 116 camera? I did that too.

I would like this adapter for a project I'm planning, this year I'm shooting a 365 with my Sofort, a photo every day. Next year I want to shoot a different camera every week, I currently have 30 I can use, adding 126 into the mix would give me another 4 or 5.

• Like 1

How about building adapters to enable 120 film to be used in a 116 camera? I did that too.

Mike, in case you haven't seen them, thanks to Holgamods, there are several different film spool adapters for our obsolete cameras. Very much fun, I think.

--

Your upstream neighbor, Pico

Edited by pico

Thank you Pico, there's some interesting stuff there, some of those adapters could definitely be useful.

Talking fun, I found a Polaroid Sonar in my collection last night loaded with a film pack, now I just need to try and power it and see if I can get an image. :)

I went to the Scalford Hifi show last weekend, there were a few systems with reel to reel tapes there so it's still relevant for people who like it. 

They even had some of those gadgets that play those old fashioned CD discs! 

I went to the Scalford Hifi show last weekend, there were a few systems with reel to reel tapes there so it's still relevant for people who like it. 

Yes, I'm sure there was – reel to reel is high quality. I doubt though that anyone there was trying to fit a reel to reel tape into a cassette just so that they could play it in one of these.

il_570xN.43925976.jpg

Edited by wattsy
  • Like 1