A praising of the S optical viewfinder.

ynp

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yesterday I received my S-Summicron 100mm. from Germany, with a permanent fix. Today I decided to test it and, because the S100mm. failed on my SL, I decided to shoot some small art objects for my wife with this Lens on my SL. Another lens was my S/H S120mm.Makro.

I love my SL and it's glorious electronic viewfinder. But after 3 hours of stitching, bracketing and composing through the EVIL viewfinder I had a dull pain in my shooting eye. After a cup of tea, I put the Makro on my ancient S2 and felt a pure happiness. No strain on the eye, just total bliss.

Sorry for my meaningless rant.

I know, I should have tethered...

Yevgeny

• Like 7

Indeed, the OVF of my Leica S (007) is easily the best OVF I ever had the pleasure to use. Just as the EVF on the SL is the best EVF I had the pleasure to use. Just like the M's rangefinder is the best rangefinder I ever had the pleasure to use. It seems Leica knows a thing or two when it comes to finders, no matter the type and technology they use... :D

Best,

Vieri

• Like 3